Chapter 16: Beg No Avail

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

2:45 P.M

-Streets-

Fay ran behind Zen who was speed walking while holding Rehan's hand, making the boy come with him along with Cicero. The feeling of doing a bad job as a big sister made her feel horrible, like she wasn't good enough and this act was such a shame.

She felt like she could never reach them. That Zen was just way too fast! Slow down, she thought.

She went out a lot with Letita and always left the blond alone. Now, it all came down on her. She never took care of him or even payed attention to her younger brother. Their parents passed away at a young age and she was left with the responsibility of looking after the innocent five year old Rehan. She must've gotten tired of always being around his shy and introverted self and found Letita to be more interesting and more worthy of her time.

And it made her guilty more than anything.

The two boys infront of her. His friends. Heck, strangers were doing a better job as a good sibling.

Jiryu wasn't necessarily mad at her, because it was practically his fault for telling Rehan to join Kazuo in the investigation. Speaking of that sixteen year old, he was guilty at first, but that soon turned into anger towards Fay because she was late when it came to comforting Rehan.

She couldn't understand in what place he was in that he could be angry at her. When it was his idea to bring the blond to a investigation that no one knew about. How did he expect her to be fine with that?

Not realizing that they've went a pretty far distance with just walking, Fay stopped close to the three boys who were standing next to a building in the a narrow passageway with lots of unknown buildings. The place was quite and only a few deep laughs from a group of men striked the air. Zen looked around, he still had the same dagger throwing look on his face, his dark red brows knitted in disapproval as he took in the surroundings. Zen wore a black sleeveless hoodie with his diamond necklace and two to three bracelets and sport badges around each wrist. His single orange dangling earring on his right ear and one black stud on the left. He had his grey sweatpants on and they seemed to be loose and the only support was the tie.

Cicero had his jacket off when they left the shop, he didn't want it to get dirty while he fought. He was taking the time to think about the situation because he knew that, eventually, he won't be using his brain, but rather fists. His dark blue shirt fit him a little too good as it outlined his thin torso and white trousers with a belt to keep it around his waist, his hands shoved into the big pockets.

Rehan was between the two, his stomach turning every minute from how anxious he was. He didn't want them to get hurt, but then again, it could've been that he was just too weak and useless to do anything against these people. He stared at his shoes in anger towards himself, hands clenched into fists as the sounds of Zen and Cicero talking to each other about where the attackers could be quieted down. His hair was finally fixed and tied into a low ponytail, his bangs over his forehead and eyes. The wounds he obtained were taken care of by the two best friends which he was grateful for, his pink hoodie that he changed into, covered most of his chin and bottom face as he continued to stare downwards.

A slight push from the red head on his left brought him back to reality. He looked up at his serious face before Zen spoke.

"Is it them?" His cautious, but furious eyes trailed to two bulky guys taking with a smaller one in frame and height.