Chapter 46: King of Veracity

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

10:03 A.M

– Castle –

As much of a shocking blow it was to have your body trembling, leaking blood and sweat owing to some handy work of someone you thought loved you, it still somehow felt like an unfailing, continuous routine for Cesal. It didn't feel like the first time at all. In fact, it felt familiar. Like a constant routine that happened more than he would ever like to admit.

He fixed his glare right into the heterochromatic eyes that were boring into him even though every fiber inside him was screaming at him not to. It felt wrong and probably was, but he couldn't bring himself to care anymore. He just couldn't grasp what it was that fueled this sudden urge to defy the authority and dominance of the hindrance loaded with commands or just anything thrown at him from the devil-like royalty in-front of him.

He felt confused. Very. And wasn't sure what this inner turmoil was or when it even sparked to life. It was growing slowly, but very firm and bound to engulf his whole being and purpose in ruthless flames of realization. And then he couldn't recognize the man in-front of him with the abrupt drift of his mindset.

But, then he found himself not caring at all. He didn't want to scream or cry or fight back—and not because he had chose to give up. He just never wanted to try. He just wanted to be still. He just wanted to watch it all unfold. Unfold until it lead him to the last moment which he will gladly accept.

All the wounds and injuries fell on a numb body as he couldn't find in him to feel the ache. He just wanted to see what the prince would do next. He just wanted to focus on him. Pour all of the remaining strength he had into that, but he couldn't because his lungs were screaming and his throat was dry as he tried to gain as much air as possible.

At that point, the pathetic attempts were put to a stop as the prince's merciless hand wrapped around his neck without warning.

"You've finally figured it out, huh? I can see it all assessing in your brain. I can see everything," Veldra taunted as he watched his underling struggle mentally more than anything.

Cesal didn't try to remove the obstruction of his supply of oxygen. His arms laid limp either side of him and his hands were deprived of sensation til his fingertips—fingertips that leaked heavy, heavy blood and doused the ground underneath with the red liquid.

For a second, he felt his mind go blank and all he could see was white. Then the moment after he realized it was because his eyes rolled to the back of his head and he couldn't figure out if he was losing consciousness or not. But he was sure that he wouldn't pass out. At least not now, not when Veldra was staring straight at him. Not when he had all of this unfamiliar attention and uncanny reaction.

"Y—you—-you're. Gon..g-gonna kill..me?" his words were pushed out in a weak gargle, managing to lift the corner of his busted, bloody lip in a lopsided, sad smile.

"I will," Veldra smiled back, pressing his thumb so hard into the boy's throat that he could feel his his last breath sink in, "I will," he repeated more darkly.

"I will kill this version of you, Cesal," the prince promised, his smile falling as his hands tightened and tightened more, expecting the blue haired boy to clutch onto them, to clutch onto his life.