Chapter 26: Traitor

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

7:10 P.M

-D.I.M 2 Whereabouts-

Getting kidnapped?

The redhead's eyes searched for any sort of weapon or drug that Cesal could've held and planned to use of them. However, the said boy's hands were vacant. This didn't put a stop to the perilousness they could face under this circumstance. This was Cesal. His eerie presence and questionable exploits were to be taken under consideration because he was no ordinary guy.

"Getting knocked out? No, that's too cliché," Cesal tapped his index on his chin, pretending to be in thought. Kazuo took a step back, his red eyes squinted as he payed close attention to the blue head's movements. He glanced sideways at Zen and mouthed:

'Run.'

The light layer of snow beneath their feet crunched as their shoes scraped harshly against it during their sprint. Kazuo and Zen could be see running away from Cesal as fast as their legs could carry them.

Cesal's hand dropped to his side as he watched them, his head tilted slightly.

"Was it something I said?"

"Yep."

The blue head turned to his right when he heard a voice. He was still in a daze from what just unfolded right in front of him unexpectedly. He was expecting an arguement or fight, but for them to just flee like that, he was confused.

He blinked tediously at the flying creature next to shoulder, "Huh?"

"That's not how you kidnap someone, genius," The creature frowned at him. It's thick brows were so huge, so huge that the ends were sticking out of its small face. It's body was shaped like a peanut and it wore a small, short-sleeved jacket and what looked like a skirt, but it was a huge pair of shorts. The creature was small in size, something about the size of Cesal's foot, just a bit bigger. It's head was bald for the most part, but there was a small, brown ponytail on the back.

Cesal scoffed, "Well, that royal duke should've showed me how. I'm just a newbie," He sighed in boredom, "Have I failed this mission?"

"Yeah, and the one before it too," The creature folded it's chubby arms.

"Eh?! How?" Cesal's eyes widened at that.

"You didn't put the fake crown in the museum," The creature shook its head slowly in disappointment.

"S-So that means—"

"—You put the real one."

"Dang it!" Cesal shouted, "What am I gonna do?! What's his majesty going to do?! Am I gonna get killed?! Is he going to—I don't care," His voice dropped to a monotonous one, his eyelids covering half of his eye as he leaned towards the creature with a deadpanned look, "I really don't."

"You don't fear death? Alright," The creature shrugged.

"I wouldn't have agreed on the deal that crazy prince offered me if I did."

"You've got a point."

Cesal shrugged with one shoulder, looked around briefly, checked his pockets, and pulled out his phone. He opened his messaging app and clicked on a contact from the list.

Me
I failed

Spoiled Prince

I knew you were going to fail anyways

That's why I told Azure to carry out the plan instead