Chapter 7: New Disaster

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

3:20 A.M

-Jiryu's house-

The blurry view dropped and switched upwards quickly to a blabbering Jiryu. Then two darkening shadows covered Rehan's sight from top and bottom, repeating the proccess.

Is staying up this late normal or is it a rich people thing?

"Mhm yeah, ok..." Rehan mumbled everytime he could even figure out a word Jiryu said. It wasn't only past his sleeping time, but he didn't get enough sleep yesterday either. Here was a hyper Jiryu talking about his new releases in the museum and secret recipes in which he was carelessly telling Rehan about, who would've made mental notes to steal them if he wasn't about to pass out at any time.

Jiryu changed into more comfortable clothes. A white loose shirt with a teddy bear and big, black, bold words of MOSCHINO imprinted on it and a pair of white sweatpants. Rehan thought he was getting ready for bed and he could finally rest, but it seems like the older was about to stay up for another five hours.

"Jiryu?"

"C-can I go to the bathroom?" Rehan whispered, voice undeniably somnolent.

"Oh sure! You can find one near the kitchen which is the closest or you can just go to the-"

"Thank you!" Rehan shot up and walked quickly but disorderly as he found it hard to stay up any longer.

Fay and Letita went upstairs to the bedroom with two beds. Rehan couldn't even memorize the amount of rooms in this house, so he didn't know which room exactly. They're probably fast asleep right now, something Rehan wishes he could get to quickly.

Rehan exited the bathroom, he didn't quite pay attention to all the luxurious stuff insides and just did his business.

"Hey, you going to sleep?" Rehan heard a voice right next to him, making him jump in surprise.

"Y-yes?" Rehan answered, more questioning rather, turning his head slowly to the smiling Jiryu. When did he even get here?

"Okay! I got your bed ready. You'll be sleeping upstairs, does that sound okay?" Jiryu straightened up, his smile still plastered on his face.

"Yeah, sure, n-no problem,"

"I also realized you looked quite sleepy while I was talking with you, so tomorrow morning, right after you've got a good night's sleep, I'll repeat everything I said because you don't wanna miss out. Okay? Goodnight and sweet dreams, love you, Rehan!" Jiryu said with enthusiasm.

"Okay," Rehan replied simply with a yawn.

____

A ceiling that wasn't plain, but more work was put into came into view when Rehan heard the sudden ringing of a phone. He expected to be waken up by an alarm that was set to go off in the middle of the day, but he was awoken by a ringtone early in the morning instead.

He groaned before turning to the table next to the bed and lazily picking up his phone. It was still ringing and Rehan slide his thumb across the answer button. His throat was sore and head numb from the immense headache that abruptly hit him when he woke up. Rehan didn't feel like taking either so he waited for the person on the line to speak up first.