Chapter 31: Piping Blather

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

11:21 P.M

-Castle's Lockup -

The place was growing hot and stale. It caused them to be in discomfort from the lack of fresh air and the unbearable heat assailed them as it spread through the room.

Everyone was dripping sweat at this point and it drenched their clothes. Kazuo felt his eyes get heavier by the moment and he wanted nothing more than to stay awake right now, if he were to pass out, it won't do any good. Rehan was now sitting on the floor, his head thrown back and eyes shut as he tried to slim down the amount of air he took in, so it won't make the place more stuffy than it is. Jiryu chose to
deal with this silently. Zen's hair was almost drenched at this point, with his bangs clinging onto his forehead and practically his eyes. He moved it away in a peeved manner, revealing his forehead before huffing.

"Two more hours and it's a whole new day," Rehan mumbled tiredly.

Kazuo looked at him through his dark hair, a pained expression on his face as he hummed, "You...kept track?"

Rehan nodded heavily before turning to Jiryu, "So, are you gonna speak up—"

Someone outside was heard coming closer which silenced whatever the ash blond was about to say.

Cesal.

He unlocked the door and looked behind him warily before stepping inside. Everyone was too worn out to vocalize any of their protests as he walked over to Jiryu, grabbed a hold of arm, and tugged, gesturing for him to get up. The blond abided cautiously, head down and wretched.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Zen spoke up, his voice hoarse as he looked at Cesal with furrowed brows.

Cesal did not reply to him, an unreadable expression on his face as he lead Jiryu outside.

"Where are you taking him?!" Rehan suddenly stood up, a surge of energy coming over him.

"Prince wants to see him," Cesal's monotonous voice replied. He didn't bother to glance back at the ash blond before closing and locking the cell behind him.

"Nothing bad will happen," Cesal spoke after he glanced at them and noticed their apprehensive faces whilst walking away, "No doubts on that."

"Wait—"

Rehan tired but they were already out of sight. This was too soon. Too quick. What if the prince was planning something horrendous? And they won't be able to see him again?

"Come back here!" Rehan yelled.

"There's point in crying out now," Kazuo told him, equally anguished, "We have to place our bets on that Cesal is hopefully telling the truth."

Zen scoffed after being quiet for a while.

"Trust Cesal?" Zen said in derisive voice, lifting one brow up at Kazuo, his hair swept backwards as he stared at the a raven head in disbelief.

"Yes, that's what I'm implying," Kazuo replied, dead serious, "Why would he feel the need to assure us that nothing bad will happen? Think."

"Because it's Cesal and he's a standing joke," Zen replied, gripping his knees in anger and leaned in to nothing in particular as his expression soured, "And a fucking psycho too," He leaned back.

"I kind of agree with Zen on this one," Rehan nodded, "Cesal is iffy and his words shouldn't be taken to heart, honestly."

"And you guys are straightforwardly believing this based on what exactly?" Kazuo asked, but didn't let them answer, "Psychology of law and criminal behavior is what I specialize in as a young attorney. It's not hard for me to figure what someone is thinking just by looking at them, especially criminals."