Chapter 1: Way out

Continuation of Character Visuals:

LETTITA AIKEN:

JIRYU BLARNE:

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

| 7:44 A.M Tokyo, Japan

-Outside school yards-

   "I can see something that looks like a donut shop over there," Cicero pointed his index finger to a faraway brownish looking building that was hard to see because it was covered in snow.

Cicero is the youngest of the four friends who were currently standing beside him. He grew up in local schools in California for twelve years and almost dropped out at thirteen, not because he was dumb, but was smarter than most of his teachers and soon found school duller than doing the dishes and paying the bill. He had green hair, which was uneven on one side, but seemed to fit him along with his bright green eyes.

"Where?!" Zen shouted unnecessarily over the loud, cold wind while looking around. Zen's comes on strong and offbeat opinions. He can be a rebel at heart, but also soft and loving despite his ability to be easily ticked off. Red. Most likely displaying his short temper as it colored his hair. He had one streak on his bang that swayed to his left eye colored orange, matching his dark eyes.

"There," Cicero replied in a monotone voice without pointing the second time. He sucked on his cherry lollipop, watching as flames of fury were now smoldering Zen's narrowed eyes.

"I can't fucking know where if you're NOT pointing, dumbass!"

Cicero tilted his back downwards as Zen took steps towards him. He wasn't scared or anything, but the guy looked pretty mad, causing the green head to chuckle.

"Woah, calm down, cupcake. M'just kidding," He squished Zen's face on either side to turn it around to the view. "Over there. Can you see it now?" Cicero dragged out his words before letting go of the taller boy.

"Yeah, Seaweed. I can and don't call me that!," Zen pushed him softly to the side, cheeks burning, before turning his whole body away.

Seaweed. Really?

"Let's skip the shitty classes," Zen suggested.

"I could use some coffee right now," Omi said, half agreeing with the idea of skipping school. Zen's face light up at the sentence. Omi was the second tallest after Michael. He was calm and composed. Always found reading a book and of course, had glasses on. He had faded hair with dark, fluffy curls on top.

"Then let's go!" He rushed ahead of them, then slowed his steps gradually.

"What's wrong, Zen?" Michael exhaled a cold breath from the weather and clenched his hands in the warm coat he had on before catching up to the said boy. Michael is standing above them all- in height, of course. He was the tallest and oldest as well. Dark brown hair that was slicked to one side. He had hazel eyes and was always laid back at all times.

The other two soon also reached the same spot everyone stopped their tracks in and looked to see what the cause of the sudden halt was.

"Oh, it's nothing," Zen shook his head, meaning to snap out of it. The others stared with a puzzled expression except for Cicero, who had a bored look on his face. "I just thought I saw something,"

"Well, you're going crazy," Omi said and went to open the door. A small 'ting' sound was made from the bell located on the top of the door and soon everyone followed Omi inside. The curly head looked around for an employee or waiter, but there was no one to be seen-

"H-hi, uhm...welcome to uh- "

The three boys were startled to see a young and rather short looking boy with blonde hair and light, lavender streaks on the front. He looked like he worked here. Very shy and cautious, his hands were trembling from his lack of experience and social skills. Why was someone like him even a waiter in the first place?

"What are you so surprised for? This guy was looking at us the moment we looked at the coffee shop's door, don't tell me you didn't see him," Cicero said.

Silence.

"Wha?! Of course, we didn't see him, he's like- super short! And that's fucking creepy," Zen exclaimed out of the blue. Before anyone could comment on what the redhead said-

"WHO'S DARING TO CALL REHAN SHORT?!" A loud voice, an angry woman's voice filled the whole shop in no time.

"S-sis- "

"HUH?!" She looked at the four customers with a death glare. A bit of an overreaction, but oh well, this must've happened a lot of times for any mention of the matter is taken in to offense.

"The fuck?" Zen raised a brow at her.

"Zen, stop it," Omi stepped in to prevent any unpleasant event of fighting to come.

"Why is she yelling?" The red head, muttered and sucked his teeth in annoyance whilst looking away, a scowl visible on his face.

——

A.N: Sorry for the short chapter. Probably not the best start, but this chapter was a lot longer than this, it all got deleted and I lost motivation to complete it. I promise the chapters I write will be longer. Vote for the chapter if you enjoy my shit put into words. Thank you and have a great day!