Chapter 27: Micheal

All of this was a mystery to him in the beginning. It was unusual and bizarre, but somehow, there was a way that connected him to all the reality of it all. One string that was tied strongly on someone close to him made all the information that everyone sought for drain out of that person, along the thin string, and all the way to him.

Once he obtained it, it was very clear what he should do next. What he would do next. However, what the enemy would do was unknown and that's was lead him to this fate.

Have you ever been told to achieve your goals?

Many times, actually. That's what he would've answered, but it wasn't someone that told or persuaded him to achieve his goals.

It was no one but himself.

And that was a huge, huge mistake because he was too blind and careless to dread over his thoughts for a second time or to take a second look at the string that he trusted so much.

If he would have just noticed it more clearly or looked a little harder, then that fate would've have been evitable.

Because along the end of that string, was a fittingly played out plan awaiting him and the accreditation of his death.

——

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

6:45 P.M

-California-

Cicero unconsciously threw his phone to the other side of the room. The device crashed with the wall facing him and shattered into pieces, but he didn't care. He cowered beside his nightstand and covered his face with his hands, silently sobbing. His hands traveled to his head and grasped onto his green locks with tightly.

This is all my fault.

It's all my fault.

His body shook with each cry that escaped him and he knew he shouldn't cry this hard because it would shorten his breathing and trigger his asthma, but, he couldn't think. Cicero bit his lip as frustration flowed through him, midst his sorrow and defeat, it was an awful feeling. His head hurt from how hard he pulled on his hair and his deep grieve.

It's been about two hours since he was given a promise that he'll be gotten back to later, but it was way too long.

In the first twenty minutes, he did get a little worried, since Micheal always got back to him very quickly, but brushed it off as maybe the brunet faced a slightly harder mission than usual. After some time, his uneasiness increased by every tick of the clock. This isn't what they agreed on.

Two hours was too long and he only came to only one conclusion. He didn't need to be told about it, because he already knew.

If only I didn't advocate that plan,

If only I had stayed silent or kept him out of my conjectures,

None of this would've happened.

——

"Cicero!"

The green head winced when the other shouted his name through the phone. He spaced out during a conversation because he was in deep thought. He apologized to Micheal.