Chapter 37: Haunting Progress

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

3:45 P.M

– Castle's Lockup –

Rehan's body was wet through, drenched, the very opposite of his insides, dry and parched. He felt like his body was running low on water to produce as sweat through his pores, and therefore, he was impossibly heating up even more. Kazuo was also in discomfort, but he was handling it a lot better. Zen was staring to get annoyed by each second, sitting with his legs stretched before him and head thrown back, brows furrowed and jaw tense. It's like he was holding back the urge to wreck havoc.

The more they stayed in here, the more stuffy the room got. The intensity of the heart wave that constantly rose, seemed to be at its highest and even increasing more if possible. Rehan's eyes felt tired. His body begged for sleep as well as hydration, but he didn't let his eyes shut for two whole days and the third day was almost over. He was extremely exhausted, but his restlessness always managed to fight away the exhaustion. Kazuo's head was throbbing, a headache assuaging his strength. He felt pain in every slight movement he made from the wound, but it was healing thankfully. Zen's head also burned from the constant waves of pain traveling through it and all the way to the insides of his eye. The lack of caffeine was having an effect on his body and he felt great irritation.

Strong footsteps were heard and the same sign of someone approaching came closer. Kazuo looked up in time to see the same beast that visited the cell a while ago. Rehan swallowed thickly at the sight of him before he glanced worriedly at the raven head, who was frowning at E.A.

"What's up? Did you guys miss me?"

Zen opened his eyes once the voice entered his ears and they rolled his at the sight of the annoying creature. Oh, how he despised him. Everything was as awful as it could be, and now he makes it even worse. The redhead brought his legs closer to his chest and looked away out of spite. The creature chuckled in an eerie way.

"I know for a fact I missed you," He walked over to Zen, who gritted his teeth in annoyance and looked up to face the creature with displeasure.

"Get the fuck away from me," Zen muttered as he shifted backwards until his back was met with a heated wall. It slightly itched and fevered his back, but as long as he was a good distance away from the bastard, all was good.

"You have a pretty face and mouth, why does such vulgarity come out from it then?" E.A crouched down and watched as a look of shock came over the red head, but he quickly replaced it with anger. Zen's lips were tightened as he gulped. The creature stared back at him as he waited for the redhead to bite back.

Rehan felt his heart rushing and his heartbeat was getting louder. He tried to calm himslef as much as he could. The ash blond kept glancing at Kazuo. Surely, he knew what to do, right? The raven head was collected, strong and barely showed any fear. He knew what to do. Rehan was getting restlessness. What if Kazuo didn't know what to do? What if the raven head was just as scared as he was?

Rehan didn't realize he was staring at Kazuo in worry until a pair of scarlet eyes were looking back at him. He quickly looked away and gnawed at his lips. Kazuo kept his gaze at the nervous blond.

"It's better if we stay out of this," Kazuo whispered to Rehan, as if reading his thoughts.

Rehan didn't look at him, but only nodded hesitantly, his terrified eyes fixed on E.A.