Chapter 24: D.I.M 2

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

5:20 P.M

-Street-

Calm.

Why was he so calm?

Why was Omi so calm as he watched the terrifying sight? One after the other, they found no escape from the unknown cruel twist of fate.

However, the red head had no time to dread over this thought as the black hole sucked almost everything around it. It's edges got bigger by the second and closer to him. Following its path, he saw the black that engulfed the whole ground right underneath his feet. He felt himself being pushed into a world of nothingness. There was no free fall or time to process what path he was going through. He opened his eyes to see a solid ground surface come closer in view and then it came in contact with his body in less than a second making him groan from the sudden pain.

His body was curled over itself and his hands were formed into fists on the ground. Zen raised his head after a few seconds to look around his surroundings. The place was really dark and there was no source of light. He had a hunch and it was that he wasn't the only presence in the place. A few loud inhales, exhales, and a cough which did not come from him made him frantically search around the area for another person who could be present. Zen felt his way through the dark unknown and tried to adjust his eyes to the shadowy setting after getting up.

"Last ones who fell were Omi and Zen," He heard someone imply sensibly without bidding and he replied: "Hello?"

"It's me, Jiryu," The young teen acknowledged before a short silence took over.

"Does anyone have their phone on them? I don't know where mine went," Kazuo spoke, and it made it clear that they all fell into the same place.

"No, I don't," Rehan replied, "What are we supposed to do?"

"I've got mine."

They all turned to the sudden source of light that emanated from the curly head's phone. He wiped his face with a cloth, got rid of the forming sweat and looked at everyone.

"We need to get out of here. That's what we're supposed to do," He said. The place was starting to become hotter by the second. There were no openings in the walls around them and so a limited amount of oxygen was provided for the five.

Wait, five?

Zen wiped his face with the bottom of his shirt, his stomach glistened with sweat from how scorching the place was starting to become as time passed by. The air was heavy, damp and his breathing was drained out. His mullet hairs stuck to the back of his neck and his mood was starting to worsen, "Where the fuck is Micheal?"

"Oh right, I didn't notice his disappearance. Where is he?" Omi thought out loud.

"I just asked that," Zen's lip curved down in displeasure.

"You always find a way to start fights at the craziest times," Omi told him.

"I did not start a fight, four-eyes," Zen titled his head, shirt still clutched in his fist.

Omi placed his hand as he leaned against the wall on the poorly built wall. The interpretation of the emergence of what looked like the inside of an opulent elevator was that there was a thick layer of marshy, hard mud covering the walls of the elevator after it all fell in huge chunks. The curly head moved his hand slowly, not a single ounce of surprise on his face.

"Did you know about this?" Jiryu asked.

"What makes you think that?" Omi walked away as he observed the buttons of different floor levels.