Chapter 42: A Year

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

7:47 P.M

A week has passed since the four boys had been kidnapped. Time seemed to taking forever and that really did apply somewhere in a different dimension. The fifth day had passed as well and the prince received his answer.

Let's just say that he was not very happy, but also did not care.

Because right now, all would be made up for, like a soothing cream on a wound that did not even have time to throb, since he had one of the prisoners presided over by him. Just between his fingertips and under his full, unerring, control.

The prince's face contorted, eyes squinted slightly as lips pulled upwards by the strings of insanity. He tilted his head in mock concern as he took in the terrified expression on the ash blond's hair.

A whimper left his lips when Veldra's grip tightened on his long hair. Seems like he had an inclination for torturing others this way.

"What's the matter?" Veldra whispered and Rehan could hear the extensive grin in his dark voice, "Why aren't your friends helping you? Why aren't they helping their poor, injured friend, hm?"

The blond winced. He could swear the man was ripping out strands of his hair out of his scalp. He wanted all this to be a horrible dream, to wake up, or even pass out. Anything to end this pain. His legs were numb as they stood like steel, keeping his fatigued body upwards, a string about to snap at any time.

His hazel eyes kept their gaze on the other side, faltering, like infirm adhesive, facing away and not daring to look at the prince. He couldn't remember how many punches or kicks he took. His cries were dull, lips pressing together tightly as they gradually got wet from the salty dampness of his tears. Rehan was paralyzed to the spot, the menacing aura along with the affliction that never seemed to end holding him in a tightening grip.

He knew there was another presence, right beside the prince, but he did not mind them.

Veldra watched the boy closely, like a hawk, discerning that his concentration on him was slipping away slowly. He stopped inflicting pain on him a few moments ago, deciding to stop and watch what of a mess he had created of the blond. The sight never failed his delight. There was always a perk about this: feasting on the face of the victim when panic attacks them and the look of realization and dread, the moment when the radiance becomes long gone and the light is dimmed in their eyes.

That was the best part. It was the peak, the second before climax and it was happening right before his eyes.

The ash blond's heart rate reached an indescribable pace and his breathing came in and out in slow pants, he was losing it; his emotions were similar to a thunder, the sound before anything starts was his fear and suffering in the beginning. Then there's a a small period of silence, where anticipation and a foreboding caused by the knowledge of something disastrous soon to come about.

Currently, this was his state and it riled the evil prince up. His smirk widened along with his eyes, eagerness rising as he awaited the final point in which the thunder finally strikes, the terror unfurls and it takes over completely.

Rehan's bruised face was flushed, his tears ran down his cheeks and his eyes were wide. Brows drawn together and then the color drained from his face. He realized, finally. The confusion faded, and the final point began.