Chapter 32: Exchange

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

12:30 P.M

-Prince Veldra's Castle -

"Prince Veldra," E.A addressed as he stood, looking up at the prince absorbed in his thoughts. He shifted his eyes slowly towards the creature, body unmoving as he did so. His stare was inglorious, coming down from top to bottom and it made E.A almost want to take back his words. He didn't need to ask for the creature to proceed.

"Did you...really send one of our prisoners away?"

"Yes," The prince turned his head fully, "Is there perhaps something you wanted to ask?"

"Can I know why?"

"Jiryu Blarne wasn't of any use to me. Turns out he didn't possess any supernatural power," The prince drummed his fingers against the throne arm piece, "Cesal brought me useful people. That's what I previously thought. Did he not know? A mistake? Intentionally or not? I need to question him," He furrowed his brows.

"Do you need me to call him for you, your majesty?"

"That won't be necessary," Prince Veldra stood up, his face relaxed, "I will get him myself," He said as he walked out.

——

"Nothing, yet?"

Kou groaned lightly as he slid down on the chair, covering his face with a sheet of paper. He threw it to the desk in front of him and looked up at one of his co-workers with dead eyes.

"Absolutely not,' He replied, and slid his tired eyes away. He was exhausted. It has been hours since the disappearance of some certain people and he didn't get a single break. He's been on the case since yesterday and did not get any sleep whatsoever. The eye bags underneath his eyes and messy hair were the proof of his restlessness.

"I know it's hard and everything, but you should really take a break," His co-worker suggested.

"Listen, we searched every corner of Japan and didn't find anyone. How can I take a break?"

"You can always contact Cicero Sager. Isn't he outside the country? He probably knows something."

"I can't contact him! You think I already didn't try that? God, give me some credit," Kou huffed. He really did try to contact the green head, but it was to no avail. His number would go straight to voicemail every time Kou tried to call him. His co-worker was about to reply, when a knock at the door snatched his attention. He went to open the door and saw a police officer from the department.

"Yes?"

"There's a young girl outside. She's asking to see a detective, is Kou Aevisay in here?"

The co-worker moved to the side, "Kou."

"Yeah, yeah. Tell her to come in," He lazily waved his hand at the man standing by the door and slumped in his seat. It was a few seconds before a girl walked hesitantly inside the office. She looked around the place, seemingly lost on where to sit as she took in the messy room.

"Here," Kou's co-worker took a chair and placed it next to her. She sat down and fiddled with her fingers. Kou pushed his chair away from the desk, minimal enough to take in the sight of her. She looked very young, somewhere around thirteen or fourteen years old. Magenta colored hair fell in waves around her head, it was a bit spiky on the front. Dressed in pajamas, she played with her tiny bag as Kou continued to examine her.

"Name?" He grumbled after a while and straightened up in his seat, grabbing a pen and a sheet of paper from the drawer.

"Taya," She said, her voice only proving his assumption of her age, "Taya Vermiel."