Chapter 3: Slow Brandy Words

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

5:01 P.M

-Forest-

When Rehan left the shop earlier in the morning, he didn't expect to be stumbling through the forest. In the dark. Alone. If he paid more attention to the shoes, he wouldn't be having trouble walking. Where was Zen's house anyway?

He was panting as he slowed down his steps to a final stop. He couldn't continue this anymore. Rehan rested against a tree and it was a few minutes til he could get his breathing back to normal. He checked the time. 5:02 P.M.

He already knew he was doomed the moments as he left the shop, but had hoped the red head would forgive him because he made the order nicely. Rehan closed his eyes and it wasn't long until they shot back open when he deicided to keep going. He didn't necessarily need his phone's flashlight at this time of the day, but still decided to use it just in case.

Before he knew it, he was at Zen's doorstep. The light through windows illuminated the dark streets and the light bulb above the door shone at Rehan's opposite shoes that were now dusted with dirt from the the blundering throughout the forest. It wasn't a very nice sight. He lifted his hand to knock one or two times before waiting a bit, before his knuckles could meet with the door's surface again, the door make a lock and creaking noise causing him to retreat his hand and tilt his head.

It slightly opened making more light come out as Rehan grew more curious when the door didn't budge. He could spot a few red hairs sticking out, but that was it. Rehan opened his mouth to speak—before he could do that, a hand made its way through the opening that widened up a bit. The blond moved the bag backwards, seeing that the hand was trying to get to it. The person on the other side of the door seemed to get irritated as they moved their hand in different directions, trying to grab the bag and Rehan dodged them all.

When the unknown person—it could be Zen, started to get more annoyed, they revealed themselves.

Zen poked his head out, an endearing glare on his tired face. His red hair was ruffled from his night's sleep, the strands sticking together in the way they do when a wash is overdue and certainly not in a way you'd see on the cover of any magazine. Zen didn't say a word, he just stared at the blond with his eyelids covering half of his eyes, showing his drowsy state.

His imperial red eyes were now looking down on Rehan's shoes. The blond noticed the confused look on the taller's face and quickly tried to shift his attention to something else.

"I-Sorry for being late!" Rehan spouted causing Zen to look back at him and then take the bag from his hand. The red head was debating if he should let the blond in because it was getting late, but the state of his shoes was really getting to him. He was too tired to start a fight now so let it slide just this once.

"Come in," He husked out and turned from the blond. "Take off these fucked up shoes on your way in," He continued, startling Rehan who was already talking them off. The blond laughed nervously.

——

Rehan scratched the back of his head as he observed the passed out Zen on his bed. The red haired boy was in deep sleep after Rehan came in by a few minutes. He didn't even eat the donuts and it seemed like he was too tired to notice the missing black coffee. Rehan shrugged before he also decided to take a nap on the floor.

-8:30 A.M-

"Wake the fuck up!"

Rehan didn't know what was going on, but he felt himself being thrown to the other side of the room. That was Zen's voice. The hot head is up and that means hell for him. The blond didn't feel pain when he was thrown against the wall and that scared him.

Rehan opened his eyes and it took a while for him to understand the position he was in. His legs were upwards against the wall with his back bended, arms layed out on either side, and his head upside down, making his view upturned. He saw an upturned Zen holding a slipper and shouting his head off. If Rehan was fully awake, maybe he would've been able to make out what the angry red head was saying, but he wasn't.

"My......dam..coffee!

Huh?

The blond's body slid down until it was layed on the floor and he was staring upward, his view was a white ceiling—then Zen's face popped up and he was screaming something.

SMACK—

Rehan got up and turned around to look up at the red head.

"Good morning," He whispered whilst rubbing his stinging cheek.

"Good morning?! Didn't you hear what I fucking said?!" Zen shouted after squatting down to match the blond's height since he was sitting on the floor.

"N-no," Rehan looked distracted as he looked around. "Did I sleep over?" He asked, more to himself.

"Yes! You slept like a dead animal on the floor! Now, answer me! Where's my black coffee?!"

"I don't know-"

Knock. Knock.

Zen sucked his teeth in annoyance before getting up to get the door. He opened the door and saw Cicero sucking on a lollipop like always. Maybe the green head had a sweet tooth. Zen was already furious and seeing the face of the person who was the reason for his suspension was totally not helping.

"NOW WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU WANT?!" Zen shouted.

The shorter boy ignored Zen and quietly passed by him into his house. Zen turned his head to see the green head eating his donuts, not noticing Rehan on the floor. It was no doubt that Cicero would be the second victim to Zen's murder today.

"These are pretty good," Cicero put his legs over the couch's arm panel with the donut box in his hand as he munched on them. "Yo, Donut Boy," He acknowledged Rehan with a small wave before looking at Zen. The red head was on the verge of exploding.

"Cicero."

"What?"

"Come here, I want to give you a hug,"

——