The Vengeful One

The Next Morning

"You ready Y/N?" I feel a pair of arms wrap around me and judging by the voice I know who it is.

"Yeah, just doing my pregame ritual. I didn't get to do this when we fought Sona so I'm making up for it now." I put my arm around her and she leans her head against me. "I'm glad you're here with me Akeno."

"Of course. I know he would be proud of you if he saw you now. Let's go win this thing." I take a final glance at the picture of my dad before giving Akeno a kiss and joining the rest of Rias' household in teleporting to the ORC. Once we arrive we see Azazel, Irina, and Rossweisse sitting there awaiting our arrival.

"There they are," Azazel says. "Best of luck to you all." It annoys me knowing what is going to happen, but there has to be some reason that Ophis trusted me with this information. Ravel steps away from us and I give her a quick smirk before we leave. Once we teleport we arrive in what appears to be a canyon with a giant staircase made out of stone leading up to a temple. If this is where the Rating Game is supposed to take place then Astaroth has a territorial advantage.

"Kind of a shitty battlefield," I say to everyone.

"I agree," Rias responds. "It's still strange though. The referee should have announced our arrival by now."

"What if something went wrong?" I look down to Gasper and put my hand out to him.

"Everything's going to be fine little guy, just be patient." Numerous magic circles open up in the sky, and I know they aren't from Astaroth. I guess Ophis and Vali weren't lying to me, though I'm not sure if Rias gave this any thought after I brought up Vali and Kuroka's visit. "Everyone stay on guard." They all look to me and nod. Through the circles come a bunch of devils with spears and armor, though it's clear that they aren't on our side.

"These devils are loyal to the Old Satan Faction of the Khaos Brigade," Rias tells us. Before we can prepare to attack I hear Asia scream, and turning around I see Diodora holding her by her legs in the sky.

"Asia!"

"Salutations," Diodora says. I fly towards him to attack but he puts Asia in my way, causing me to back down.

"You fucking coward!"

"Pleasure to see you again as well Red Dragon. These devils from the Khaos Brigade are here to murder you, and while they do that I'll be getting very familiar with our little nun here."

WELSH DRAGON, BALANCE BREAKER!

"If you try anything with her I'm going to tear you apart Astaroth!" My voice is taken over by Ddraig, and as Diodora teleports away the devils start closing in.

"These thighs alone made this whole trip worth it." I turn to see Lord Odin holding up Akeno's skirt and I go into overprotective boyfriend mode. I go over to him and he lets go, knowing exactly what I'm going to do. "Before you kill me I'm here to help you kids." He looks up to the devils in the sky. "Hear me, I am Lord Odin, the Allfather of the Norse! Whoever can take my head will become a warrior of legend!" The devils all start closing in but Odin sends out a blue barrier, disintegrating the devils in one shot. "That crazy bastard Azazel was right!"

"So Azazel knew as well," I say to Odin. "We weren't brought here to fight against Diodora in a Rating Game, but as bait to draw the Khaos Brigade out."

"That's correct kid. You all go on ahead, I'll stay here and take these guys on." More devils come through the circles but before I can say anything Odin raises his hand. "Come forth Gungnir!" Through a circle he made comes a spear that's gold with black and white highlights.