Trouble

A Week Later

Overall I'd say I'm getting along with everyone in the club. After what happened the other day I think we're starting to understand each other and it's pretty cool. Kiba and I are hanging out more outside of club activities, much to the pleasure of all the girls. I've learned that he doesn't want to hurt any of the girls' feelings at school, so that's why he stays on his own. Koneko and I have gotten a little closer as well, not a lot but we eat lunch together, which is great because I swear that girl is eating all the time. She's a quiet one but from what I understand she isn't too fond of people talking about her all the time, and damn if I don't feel the same way.

As far as Rias and Akeno I'm lost. They're both great but I don't see them that much during the day so our time together is usually after school. I'll see them occasionally in the morning but not for long, usually because everyone is idolizing them, clearing the hallways like those two need the space. I still don't understand why, and if these people knew the truth something tells me they wouldn't be as popular. To be fair though, I bet no one would believe me if I told them the most popular people in school were devils.

My training has also picked up quite a bit. Pushing my body as far as I can to be a better vessel for Ddraig has me worn out a little bit, but it's worth it. People have commented on how I seem different since joining the club like something is picking up for me. I don't care though, they wouldn't understand what is going on.  I've also been keeping up with combat training to make sure I'm better in a fight for when the time comes, whenever that may be. Overall my speed and strength are moving in the right direction, but I still feel like I could be doing more.

I haven't seen Asia since the other day as well. I figure she is busy with church stuff but I'm still a little pissed that everyone thinks she would hurt me. I know for a fact that wouldn't happen. I just hope she is okay. Today is another day, school is over and it's time for devil work. I haven't been too fond of summoning requests but it beats passing out flyers, which I still have to do sometimes. I walk into the club room, tossing Koneko a chocolate bar on my way in. She smiles at me and digs in. I wave to everyone else and wait for instruction from Rias.

"Alright Y/N, I've got a request for you. You've been specifically requested for this one. I'm sure you can take care of it." A smile creeps onto her face after that, not the most noticeable but I still see it. I wonder what I've done to make her feel that way. I mean, I haven't been the best to these people, but I'm trying.

"Simple enough," I say to her. I've learned there really isn't a point worrying about these. They haven't killed me yet so I'm down for it. I'd like to imagine if I end up in danger I'll be fine, and if I'm not I have backup, thankfully. I take the circle prepared for me and head off to the client.

Once I arrive I notice the front door is open a little bit, and I'm standing in some sort of liquid. I look down to find out what it is, only to be met with the sight of blood on my hands.

"Stay on your guard Y/N." I'm finally used to my hand talking to me, and damn is it great to have that level of backup and strength in my body. I walk into a dimly lit room, and all of a sudden a bullet flies at me. I dodge it and look to where it was fired from. I see a man with white hair and red eyes wearing some sort of cloak, showing he had a gun in one hand and a sword glowing with white light in his other.