The Captain

Y/N POV

A few seconds earlier

"Y/N!" Who's voice was that? Am I dead? I don't see the battlefield anymore. Oh yeah, that Fenrir thing bit me. Those fangs hurt like a bitch. I guess those fangs that can kill a dragon weren't a joke. "Y/N!" It's that same voice again. Who is that, and why does it sound so familiar? I look around the empty space I'm in, and after a second I see the source of the voice. A man with H/C hair and E/C eyes is standing before me. "Y/N, my son."

"Dad? How the fuck are you here?"

"Don't talk to your dad that way kid." He comes near me. "You've grown so much since I passed. You have a family now too, and I couldn't be happier. Your fight isn't done yet Y/N. Your family needs you, and you promised to protect them. Reach into your jacket pocket." I do as he asks and see the thing Ravel handed me at the party. "Use it. Go protect your family."

"But dad." He turns away.

"You don't have much time Y/N. Rias, Akeno, Koneko, Kiba, Ravel, Asia, Irina, Xenovia, Gasper, Sona, Tsubaki, Saji, are you really about to let them down? Will they remember your name, or will you die in vain?" He starts to walk away, and after a few seconds he disappears. I look down into my hand and see the spare Phoenix Tears Ravel gave me. Popping open the capsule I open the vial and pour it onto my wounds.

The battlefield is back in my vision, and I realize I'm awake. Looking over I see Rias with an insane red aura around her. Her power is staggering, potentially matching mine, but I have to remember what Dad said. I'm not sure if that was actually him or not, but I need to focus on the task at hand. I summon Ddraig again and look down at my arm.

"Ddraig? Can we do it?"

"Yes, but you may lose your mind completely."

"It's worth the risk." I walk towards Rias, now fully rejuvenated from the use of the Phoenix Tears. "Rias, stay back." Everybody on the battlefield looks at me, and I see tears in all of their eyes. My rage starts to flare up. Loki had me attacked and now everybody is upset because they thought I was dead. Seeing the tears in everybody's eyes are enough to drive me mad. "I'm glad that worked, but now it's time to take this bastard down. You all may want to leave this place if you desire to live. Allow me to fight him one on one, I promise I'll beat him."

"That isn't your call Y/N!" Rias looks worriedly at me, but I know what I have to do.

"Rias, just listen to me, please." Everybody gives me one final look and they all teleport away. I can tell they were all very hesitant, but I'm not about to let them down.

"Quite honorable Red Dragon," Loki says. "Being able to survive that attack is one thing, but telling your friends to leave while you die, now that's rich." I give Loki a smirk, not letting the god of mischief get into my head.

"Thanks for the compliment, it means a lot coming from a God. Unfortunately you got one thing wrong, I'm not dying here today. I don't give a damn about what Odin wants, nobody makes my family cry!" I enter my Balance Breaker. "Ddraig," I say with seething anger in my voice, "it's time." Our voices become one.

"I, who am about to awaken, am the Heavenly Dragon who has stolen the principles of domination from God. I laugh at the 'infinite,' and I grieve at the 'dream.' I shall become the Red Dragon of Domination, and I shall sink you to the depths of the crimson purgatory!"