Popular Monster

"Everything okay Y/N?"

"Yeah, just thinking about something." Xenovia leans her head on my shoulder. "Sairaorg said something about an evolution of my Sacred Gear, and now I'm wracking my brain trying to think of what he could be getting at. I know now probably isn't the time considering this trip is supposed to be fun, but while we're on the way I've been thinking about it. With how soon that Rating Game is going to be, I've got to figure it out fast. I don't even know how I would be able to get past the Juggernaut Drive."

"I'm sure you'll be fine. When it comes to battle you may be smarter than anyone else in Rias' household, even if the others have done it for longer. You know your power better than any one of us after all." My arm goes around her.

"You're right Nova, as I've expected." Kiba starts coming towards us and Xenovia goes to sit with Asia and Irina. "What's up prince?"

"Nothing much, just wanted to compare notes with you all." I grab the itinerary that the girls wrote up and hand it to Kiba.

"If you want more details you'd want to ask them, I didn't contribute much personally. I just want to enjoy the city, how that happens isn't important to me. I'll be with my best friends so there's no reason I shouldn't." Kiba smirks.

"Well I'm not in your group, so it's really your best friends minus one." I roll my eyes at him. "I heard you talking to Xenovia about getting stronger, and I think that's a really good idea. Do you have any idea what Sairaorg meant?"

"Not at all, but I've been given some ideas. This morning before we left Sirzechs got in contact with me alongside Ajuka. They gave me some pointers as well as some sort of key, though I don't know what for. Ddraig said it would be something in my mindscape, something about contacting the previous hosts and channeling their emotions, but I'm waiting until we get to the hotel and have a minute. I was also told to try to perfect the promotions for Knight and Rook because without them I'd be doomed. If I understood right I'll need to become a more complete Pawn to be stronger than Sairaorg."

"Of course you will Y/N, you're already the strongest Pawn as it is. You fought Loki by yourself, and the way I see it there aren't any other Pawns that can touch you." Kiba stands back up. "Let me know when you guys are going to get your souvenirs, don't want to end up getting the same thing after all."

"What a travesty that would be." Kiba shakes his head and I start staring out of the window. The fight I had with Sairaorg proved to me that I can hang with him with proper training, but his whole life was built on that. These couple of days that I'm in Kyoto I may not be able to train will be time that Sairaorg can use to get even farther ahead of me. Come to think of it I bet he's training right now, that's just the person he is. I spot a reflection in the window and Xenovia rejoins me for the rest of the train ride.

Once we arrive we take in the surroundings, though currently it's just the train station. This place is already really nice, but I'm willing to bet this isn't even close to the biggest attraction. We make our way to the hotel and the place is super fancy, but from what I was told it's owned by the Gremory family so that seems about par for the course for them. Azazel and Rossweisse start talking to us but I don't really pay attention to what they're saying, mainly because it's most likely the stereotypical "have fun don't kill anyone" speech. We break off to our rooms and once I go in it's clear that I got shafted. The room is really small, though it doesn't seem much bigger than my original bedroom.

"Y/N, are you in there?" I open the door and see Rossweisse.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"I was expecting some complaints about the room." I shake my head to her.