Surfacing

Is this really the first Slipknot song I've used for this story? Considering they're one of my favorite bands I'm surprising myself with that one, especially with how many parts there have been where I could have used one. Anyway on to the story.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wow they really screwed you over when it came to the rooms." Looking behind me I see Vali in my doorway. "I'm sure you didn't mind it though."

"Not really, especially with everything that's been going on." Vali comes near me and looks out of the window as well. "There's something I've got to tell you Vali. Since I fought Loki Ophis has been visiting me periodically. It was never for long, and the only time that it was important was before we went to fight Diodora. The last couple of nights she came here and helped me train, and if I'm being honest I haven't slept a wink since we got into Kyoto."

"You're worried about what's coming up because of that? That seems unlike you." I sigh.

"That's not entirely it. She said she knows something about my past, and if we're able to stop Cao Cao and the Hero Faction she'll tell me everything. She had told me one time that she's been watching me ever since I was a kid, long before I even knew I had Ddraig. Do you think she could be lying to me?" Vali shrugs.

"I don't know, but she had always had an interest in you it seemed. Ever since I joined with the Khaos Brigade it seemed like she wanted you for something, like you were the most important part of her plan to return to the Dimensional Gap. She's the one that told us to find you when you were sent there, and if I had to guess you may be dead if it wasn't for her. We don't have much time to talk about it right now. Everyone is waiting for us at the train station." The two of us start making our way there and the nerves of an upcoming battle start to hit me. It happened when we went to fight Loki, but I couldn't show it then, and I can't show it now. Everyone is counting on me to lead them, and I can't turn away from that. While it's comforting having Vali on our side as opposed to the enemy side I still don't know what Cao Cao is entirely capable of, not to mention the other members of the Hero Faction.

The two of us arrive at the train station and as soon as we do something lands on my shoulders, though as I look up I can tell it's the same someone who did this last time. Before I can say anything Kunou jumps off of my shoulders and lands next to me. As we all prepare to take off towards Nijo Castle the fog from the bridge comes back, and once it dissipates the only person with me is Kunou.

"Kunou, stay near me. There's no telling who may be here to hold us up and I don't want you to get hurt. No matter what it takes I'll protect you." Even if we've all been seperated the plan is the same, get to Nijo Castle and save Yasaka. No matter what tries to hold me up I can't just ignore that goal. I hear laughter around us but I'm not sure who it is, and looking at the walls it appears there's a figure next to it, though I can't make it out. From the wall the shadows fade and the figure turns into a human with sunglasses and the same clothing that the other Hero Faction members wear.

 From the wall the shadows fade and the figure turns into a human with sunglasses and the same clothing that the other Hero Faction members wear