Keepers of Fellow Man

3rd Person POV

The next morning comes and the Gremory group starts waking up. Koneko is the first in Y/N's bed to open her eyes, though much to her chagrin she's laying in the middle of the bed as opposed to on Y/N's chest. She sits up and stretches, taking the time to look around and try to find her lover, but to no avail. Koneko grabs a shirt and walks downstairs where she finds Ingvild exiting the training room.

"Oh, Koneko," she says.

"What it do? Is Y/N in there?" Ingvild nods.

"I was having trouble sleeping so I ended up walking around the house. I could tell there was something going on and I saw Y/N and Ace in there sparring. Y/N looked really tired, almost like he hasn't been to sleep yet." Koneko groans at the thought of Y/N not sleeping and enters the room to see the two boys fighting with each other. "Y/N really is amazing." Koneko gets a slight grin on her face.

"He is, that's why I love him. Sometimes he pushes himself a little too hard, but he has good intentions." Y/N hits the ground and Ace stands above him.

"That's enough for now. You need to start getting ready for school Y/N." The Renegade struggles to his feet and turns towards the doorway where he spots Koneko.

"Hey kitten," he says quietly. "Did I wake you up?" She walks towards him and pushes him playfully.

"No, but I didn't like that you weren't in bed with me." Y/N puts his arms around Koneko and lays his head atop hers.

"I'm sorry, I'm just stressed out after last night. I couldn't sleep after what happened last night and I needed to keep myself occupied. Thankfully Ace is a bit of an insomniac so we were able to train all night." Ace stretches and walks towards the three of them.

"That being said, I'm going to get some rest while you all are at school. You kids have a good day." Ace heads off to his room and the other three leave the room to see everybody gathered around eating breakfast. They join the group at the table and plates are passed around to everybody. While normally the atmosphere is more vocal in the morning, after Aizen's appearance everyone is a little more on guard. Breakfast is finished and the group starts heading towards Kuoh Academy. Ingvild walks next to Y/N with a little bit of nervousness in her step. After all, this is her first day of school, and after being asleep for 100 years the Leviathan descendant isn't sure about the situation she's about to be entering. Y/N takes her hand and gives her a warm smile, one that signifies that everything will be okay.

As the group reaches the school all eyes land on the Occult Research Club. While it isn't anything out of the ordinary, the group is paying even less attention to the love and praise that they're getting from simply existing. The news of Y/N and Rias' engagement hasn't hit the student body yet, but it's mainly because the two of them don't want any extra attention, especially at a time like this. Rias and Akeno take Ingvild to the Student Council to get everything situated for her, and the rest of the group splits off to their separate classes.

"Y/N," Asia says to break the silence, "are you okay?" He looks over at the cute little blonde and nods his head.

"It's complicated, but everything will be okay. Admittedly I stayed up to train overnight, but it's nothing that I'm not used to."

"That doesn't mean that it's good for you," Irina interjects. "Make sure you get some sleep tonight Y/N, it's clear that you need it." Y/N's eyes look over to Irina.

"I'll do my best, just for you Irina." The four of them enter the classroom and Y/N takes his seat behind the Perverted Trio.

Y/N POV

The hardest part of coming to school with everything going on is that I feel like I'm wasting my time here instead of training. Ace and I had talked last night while we were training and he let me know what he thought I needed to work on, and I've realized that I've still got quite a lot to work on. Initially, I was told that I should try to build my base power before using Balance Breaker and my other transformations, but considering just how much power I can gain at my peak we've ended up backing up a little bit and have tried to make my Cardinal Crimson Promotion something I can use as often as possible. It seems that at this point my Balance Breaker could very well serve as my base, but there's so much more that I can achieve with being the Red Dragon Emperor.