Show Me a Leader

The Next Morning

I wake up early today, but not for training. We'll all be leaving soon to go on our ten-day training trip for the Rating Game against Riser, but there was something that I needed to do first. I went back to somewhere I haven't been since the day I killed Raynare. I look down at my father's grave.

"Hey dad," I say aloud. "It's been a while but there's so much that has been going on recently. I'm going out of town for a little while to train. I'm going to be the man that you always wanted me to be. I'm going to save Rias and everyone else, no matter what it takes. I may be a devil now, but I still have people to care about and protect. I wish you could meet everyone. I'd like to imagine that you're proud of me, but I ultimately have no idea. Whatever happens with this Rating Game, I know I'm not going to let Rias go through with this. You may think what I'm doing isn't my business but it became mine when that Riser prick was going to take Rias from all of us." I lay a few flowers down on his grave, and I feel the tears start to well up in my eyes. I push them back and make my way back to the bike, where Asia is waiting for me. "I'm sorry that took so long. I haven't been here since after what happened with Raynare at the church." Asia sees my sadness and comes up and hugs me, and I return her embrace softly.

"Don't worry about it Y/N. I'm sure he would be very proud of you. It may be hard but he is in a better place now."

"You're right. We should probably go. We're leaving soon and I don't want to be late." We go back to the house and grab our bags before we arrive at the club room where everyone else is waiting for us. "Hey guys, sorry we're late." Rias answers me.

"Don't worry, we know where you were." I look down to the floor. "We aren't mad at you. I know it has been hard on you since what happened at the church, but you are stronger after coming to terms with that." She then addresses the group as a whole. "This camp will be focused on building our strength. Riser has quite the advantage, but we can find a way to win. No matter what we're fighting to win." Everyone agrees and we take off. Everyone grabs some stuff and we start walking towards our destination, a house up in the mountains that is perfectly secluded with no chance of anyone being around while we train. I walk up the mountain with Kiba and Koneko, while the other girls are all ahead. Kiba and I have about the same amount of stuff, though the bag Koneko is carrying is probably ten times bigger than she is.

"You know Koneko, it's pretty impressive that you're carrying that with ease. Just shows me that you're still stronger than me and that I need to get better." I know this camp will be tough, but I'm ready to commit to it 110%. I also remember what Ddraig told me, and we've worked a little more. I've unlocked a level of my gear where I can fire a beam of energy, but it's very draining if I boost too much, and Rias told me to specifically not use my gear during training camp. Little does she know that I'm going to have to at some point to have a chance to get my Balance Breaker.

"Don't put yourself down Y/N," Kiba says to me. "If I had to guess by the end of this you'll be the strongest of all of us. At least I hope so, Koneko and I have a friendly bet going."

"So she's doubting me then? If not me then who else Koneko?"

"Even if you are, it doesn't matter who's the strongest. You have the highest ceiling of all of us, but this is still a team fight, and either way, we're fighting for the Prez," she says in her monotone voice. We finish climbing and arrive at the house, which is more like a mansion.

 We finish climbing and arrive at the house, which is more like a mansion