Nowhere Generation

A Week Later

The Gremory group has made their way to the underworld. From what I understand there's a press conference going on with both households. It seems like even though this game has collected a lot of hype in the underworld this is a way to make it even bigger, and it'll be fun. We enter a large building and are told to wait until we're called out to the stage, so I take a seat. Koneko sits on my lap and leans her head against me.

"You alright Koneko?"

"Just tired. Training has been tough. I figured you would be exhausted yourself." Everyone looks my way.

"She has a point Y/N," Rias says, "you have a tendency to overwork yourself, but it seems like that isn't the case this time."

"I'm not slacking off if that's what you're getting at. I guess I've gotten myself used to it after all this time. Sure I've been training with Vali, and some days he's tried pushing me into the ground, but I wouldn't want it any other way. It's like I've said, I'm not letting Sairaorg beat me, and that's final." Rias smiles at me.

"We wouldn't expect anything else from you," Rias responds. A member of the staff comes in and asks us to come with him. We arrive at a double door and from the other side, I hear someone talking into a microphone. He says something about the Gremory family and the doors open for us. As we make our way to the stage a bunch of pictures are being taken, and it's kind of irritating. We take our seats on the other side from Sairaorg, and I take the chance to get a good look at his household.

 We take our seats on the other side from Sairaorg, and I take the chance to get a good look at his household

"Now that everybody is here we can get started. First I would like to introduce the two Kings and have them make a statement on the upcoming Rating Game. Sairaorg will go first, then Rias. Lord Bael, whenever you're ready." Sairaorg doesn't seem that interested in what's going on here, but I guess I'm not surprised. He doesn't seem like the type of person to enjoy the media.

"Well, I guess I'm just excited for this battle to begin. My household and I intend to fight with all of our strength and win, and that's all I have to say on the matter." Concise and to the point, it's like he does this all of the time.

Rias starts speaking next. "I am honored to fight the Bael family and look forward to the match. Though Sairaorg is the top-ranked among the young devils, I have no intention of losing, and in fact, I plan to win." That's the way to be Rias.

"Now we will open the floor to questions." The emcee points at a woman and she looks my way.

"I have a question for the biggest name in the underworld recently, Y/N L/N, the Renegade Dragon Emperor. As the Rating Game draws closer, what do you think about your chances against Sairaorg and his household?" I clear my throat before answering.

"That's an excellent question. Sairaorg isn't at the top for no reason, and for that, I have the utmost respect for him." My gaze turns to Sairaorg and his house. "That being said, there isn't a doubt in my mind that I will defeat Sairaorg. I hate losing more than I love winning, and I refuse to allow myself to lose, even if it's against an opponent like Sairaorg. To Sairaorg and the rest of his household, I expect nothing but the best from all of you. If you give anything less, then I will have no choice but to crush you under my foot." The conference room starts buzzing around my answer.