Hellraiser

Let's just say that since Asia started at school everything has gotten, well, interesting. It seems that I'm constantly hearing people talk about her and me, which is fine but people like to jump to conclusions. She's been getting along with everyone because that's how she is, and I'm happy that's working for her. We've been doing homework together and making sure each other understands what is going on in class. It seems like some other things are swirling around though.

Akeno has started staying at the house with Asia and me. She says she doesn't get enough time with me and I guess I understand that. We've been busy and we're together so it isn't completely unreasonable. I've gotten to learn a little more about her when she feels like talking about it. She told me about how her family had outcasted her because of her fallen angel side, and that before she met Rias she was alone. I've also been told about her mom, who from my understanding seemed like a great woman. I'm just happy Akeno has been willing to open up to me, and she seems to be in a much better mood when I'm with her.

Rias is a different story. She's been around a few times but it seems like she is worried about her engagement. She told me about how it was arranged by her family and that it is, in their words, what is best for devils everywhere. Seems like some bullshit if you ask me. I still don't know much about the guy, but something tells me he and I won't get along very well. Right now it seems all I can do is keep training and making sure everyone is okay.

On the subject of training, it's been going well. I've been working with Kiba and Koneko a little bit and getting used to fighting against strong opponents. I'd say they're still ahead of me, but I'm doing my best to surpass them. I'm no good with a sword, but Kiba has given me some pointers should I ever get into a sword fight. As for now though, Asia and I are heading to the club to get to today's activities. As we walk she strikes a conversation with me.

"Do you think when we get home you can help me with the homework? There are some things I'm not getting about it." I smile at her.

"Of course. I wouldn't say I have it mastered myself but I think I've got the gist of it." We keep walking, ignoring the comments people are making about us. They seem to think I'm starting a harem, but Asia is like a little sister to me, even if we are the same age. I'm looking out for her like any brother should, and that's just the relationship we have with each other. Once we arrive at the clubroom we take seats on the couches opposite of each other. Akeno comes over and sits on my lap and plays with my hair.

"Did you have a good day?"

"About as well as I deserve, just getting through it." We talk a little more before Rias shows up.

"Y/N and Asia, I have good news for you." I start whispering to myself.

"Please no more fliers, please no more fliers." Rias laughs at my immaturity.

"Good job Y/N, you're right. Your flier days are over." I let out a sigh of relief.

"Thank fuck. That stuff was getting annoying."

"You two are going to be getting familiars." I look at Rias like I have no clue what she said because frankly, I didn't, but before I could ask about it Akeno interjected.

"It's a companion that can do things for you. We all have one." Rias stands up and opens her hand.

"This is my familiar." I see a bat come out and it turns into a girl, who I recognize as the one who gave me the flier the day Raynare tried to kill me.

"Woah," I say surprised, "I never would've expected that." Everyone else shows their familiars off, Akeno's being what looks like a few imps, Koneko's a small white cat, and Kiba's a bird. "So when do we get ours?" As I say this there's a knock at the door. Rias tells them to come in and I see quite a few people, almost all of them I recognize from former entanglements. They're also the Student Council, so there's that.