Awakening

The Next Morning

Y/N POV

I wake up, and the clock says 7 AM. I missed my morning workout, fuck. That dream was crazy, I thought I saw Raynare. I try to get up, but I feel a weight on me.

"That's strange," I think to myself. I lift the covers up and see someone laying on my chest, and I know exactly who it is.

Rias Gremory, one of the queens of the school, is laying in bed next to me. I rub my eyes and realize something, she and I are both completely naked. I don't remember this at all, hell I don't even remember getting home last night. That dream felt so real. Seeing her red hair reminded me of the blood from my dream. I stand up and Rias starts to stir awake. I look into her blue-green eyes and try to make light of the situation.

"How much did we drink last night? I don't remember you being here and I definitely wouldn't have let a girl into my house, let alone sleep in my bed with me

"How much did we drink last night? I don't remember you being here and I definitely wouldn't have let a girl into my house, let alone sleep in my bed with me." She giggles at my statement.

"Don't worry, Y/N, nothing happened between us. I just had to heal you from what happened yesterday. I'm honestly surprised, your body was able to fully recover in just one night. You're quite amazing."

I look at her confused but with a slight smirk on my face at her talking about my body. What did she mean by healing? What did I have to get healed from? I thought that thing with Raynare was a dream. Did I actually die last night and I'm here somehow? Rias seemed to be reading my mind as she answers my questions.

"I assure you, last night was not a dream. Everything that happened was real. You were about to die but I gave you a second chance. I suppose I should properly introduce myself. My name is Rias Gremory, and I am a devil."

"A devil?" I ask. "How is that possible? If you're a devil, then what was it that attacked me last night? I figured she was a devil if anything." Rias comes closer, locking eyes with me as she responds. 

"That woman is a fallen angel. She used to serve God but it became too late for her and she fell from heaven. It seems that you have something she was afraid of, and based on what I can gather, you have a powerful Sacred Gear. Do me a favor and focus all your energy on a specific point on your body, wherever you feel the strongest."

All that did was confuse me but I do remember a gauntlet on my arm, so I focus all my power there. Next thing I know my arm is covered by a red gauntlet with a green gem in the middle of my hand.

"I see," Rias looks at my arm, "it seems you do possess a powerful gear. I would love to discuss this more but if we're going to make it to school on time we should go." I get a sly smirk on my face.

"Well, if my bike made it back we can always take that if you aren't afraid." She lets out a laugh.

"Is that right? I suppose we always could. It seems to be one of the things people know about you the most. Everyone sees you speeding around on it all the time, even if it looks like a death trap."