Unholy Confessions

As much as I tried to sleep, all I could think about was Asia. She was in danger, I knew it. The problem was that there was nothing I could do. I had no clue where she was and even if I did know I don't know what would happen to me. I look down and see Akeno sleeping peacefully. As much as I don't want to wake her I need some air so I wiggle out from under her and go sit outside the shrine to try and collect my thoughts, though Akeno seemed to notice and she comes to join me, placing her head on my shoulder.

"You're thinking about Asia, aren't you?" I nod to her and put my arm around her, solemnly thinking about how I let her down. "Listen Y/N, I don't know how, but I'm sure she will be okay." I glance at her, taking in what she said. She has a point, there's no reason for me to worry since right now I can't change anything. I just have to hope for the best and that she will be okay. "There's something I need to tell you if we're going to be this close." I can tell she's apprehensive but I hug her and speak softly to her.

"You can tell me anything Akeno, trust me." After that, I see her wings come out of her back and notice that one of them is that of a fallen angel while the other is like everyone else's. Her eyes turn to the ground before she says anything.

"My dad is a fallen angel. He was injured and was healed by a human. They fell in love and I was born from it. That's the reason my mom was killed. He had made enemies and wasn't there to protect her. I've hated my fallen angel side ever since." She starts to tear up after thinking of her mother. I never would have guessed this is what she was keeping from me. She looks back up at me and continues. "You probably hate me now. Your life was ruined by a fallen angel, and you were asleep with one. Having my wings out makes me realize how hideous I am. I hoped when I became a devil that they would go away, but now I'm just a freak, an abomination. If you hate me-"

"Akeno please stop!" I interrupt her and she looks at me surprised. "Stop saying these things about yourself! There are a lot of words I can use to describe you, but hideous, freak, and abomination are at the bottom of the list. You're such a beautiful woman and one that has taken my heart. I want nothing but the best for you. I appreciate you telling me this, but please don't be so hard on yourself." While I was hoping that she would stop crying, instead the waterworks turn up.

"Why are you so nice to me Y/N? I'm what you hate."

"I could never hate you Akeno. You're still the same person I met the first day I was a devil. Nothing has changed, I just know more about you now." I lift her head so she can look into my eyes as I speak to her. "Even if you are a fallen angel hybrid, I still love you." I kiss her quickly but she brings my head closer and we kiss for a few seconds. Her crying ceases and we stand there in the night, two broken pieces that fit together somehow. "I have something to ask you now." She looks at me and tilts her head with interest in my question. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

"I figured that was already established silly. I mean, we did fall asleep together." We laugh a little bit and hold each other, looking out over the town of Kuoh in all of its beauty with the moon over it.

"I love living here, just to see this view. The town looks so nice up here doesn't it?"

"Yeah it does," I say, "and it's so much better having you with me. I want to be with you for a long time. You and my friends I've made since becoming a devil. You, Rias, Kiba, and Koneko have all been here for me even if I've been kind of a dick."

"You have at some points, but I think that's still just you Y/N. We've all been through a lot and we're all there for each other. It's only fair that we are there for you. I've met someone who I love being with, and everyone else loves you too."

"Between you and me, I bet if Rias saw us right now she would be jealous. I know she cares about you a lot. After all, you're her precious pawn."

We laugh a little at the thought. Rias Gremory is jealous because I'm giving my affection to someone else. Before all of this Rias and I had never even talked, and now she cares this much? It sure is a crazy life I lead.