Outlaws and Outsiders

That night

3rd Person POV

Ravel and Y/N are participating in some late night training. The school's open house is tomorrow but neither of them are expecting anyone so they decide to get some training in after their day at the pool. Xenovia and Asia are sitting on the sidelines watching, Asia for safety and Xenovia because she likes to observe the two. Ravel delivers an uppercut that sends Y/N back, and he grins at his student.

"Nice hit," he says as he wipes his mouth. Ravel tries to stay on the offensive but Y/N has it figured out. Her attacks are strong and precise but he has built up enough strength to last in these scenarios. He currently isn't using his Sacred Gear so him and his student can be on even ground, and also because Y/N would be too far ahead with it. At this point there's no question who the strongest member of Rias Gremory's house is.

Y/N finds an opening in the barrage and sends a quick counter punch to Ravel's throat. He follows it up easily. Jab, jab, uppercut, almost like he's a professional boxer. Ravel jumps away and sends a wall of flame at her master, and Y/N has no choice but to take it. Instead of it burning him he set up his own defensive barrier and broke through the flames.

"Y/N really is quick thinking," Xenovia comments. "It seems like he has enough figured out for any scenario. I'm aware Ravel hasn't been fighting for long, but she is still a strong girl."

"Yeah she is," Asia adds. The two continue watching as the duo spar with each other, Y/N slowly gaining the upper hand. One final kick to the chest and Ravel is out of stamina. Y/N moves to his student and helps her up. Her breathing is heavy and it seems as if she pushed herself farther than before. She sinks into her master's chest as he holds her.

"You're getting better Ravel," Y/N applauds his student. "You've gotten really good you know. I just wish Koneko and I had more to teach you." Ravel's face drops but Y/N has her look back up to him. "Don't be upset. That just shows how well you've been doing. You said you want to be a member of my household when the time comes, and you're proving you deserve it." Asia and Xenovia join the combatants and Asia gets to work healing them.

"You said Ravel would be joining your household Y/N?" Xenovia asks. Asia looks at him too.

"Not right now of course, but should the day come when I get my own pieces she said she wants to join me." Ravel's face reddens.

"Well I would like to join you too Y/N. We haven't known each other long but I feel like I would enjoy you being my leader, no offense to Rias of course."

"Me too," Asia chimes in. "Rias may have revived me, but I wouldn't have had the chance to come back if not for you." The three girls all embrace Y/N and he laughs as he does the best to return three embraces with two arms.

"I guess it's settled then. My bishops and first knight are decided. I hate the thought of taking you two from Rias though. Even still, I'm not sure when I'll be getting my own pieces. Rias said it will happen at some point, but right now I love being her pawn." Y/N doesn't know, but Rias and Akeno are outside of the training room listening to the four inside.

"Look at that," Akeno says. "He's already building a peerage." Rias shakes her head.

"I'm not surprised they would want to join him. I wouldn't be surprised if anyone else feels the same way, but I know he doesn't want to leave me with no servants." The two walk away so Y/N won't catch them and return to Y/N's room, awaiting his return.

Back with the four Y/N stands up and looks to Asia and Xenovia. "I want to apologize to you two. Tomorrow is the day everyone's parents come to the school, and well, it'll be a little tough. It was last year and I ended up leaving partway through the day. I'm not sure if I will tomorrow, but if I do don't be surprised." The two hug Y/N.