Runaway

"There you all are," Akeno says as my peerage and I enter the house. "Dinner is almost ready, you all sit down." We do as she asks and I take a seat next to Ace.

"She's pretty great," he tells me. "While you all were gone she was telling me some stories about you, how you were back when you weren't as strong as you were now. Through everything that has happened, it seems that you've stuck to what you believe in. That's tough for anybody getting into a large pool of power like you have Y/N."

"It's not that crazy to think about," I respond. "Come to think of it, didn't the same thing basically happen to you?"

"I guess you could say that. When I first got my powers I was more worried about trying to control them before I tried to save anyone. I didn't have much of a family back home after the Venoms attacked, and all I had to worry about was saving my world. Some of the people I had to fight against were insane, and I learned quickly what this kind of power can do in the wrong hands. The Umbras Cube inside of me doesn't change how a person thinks, it reacts to their wills and desires. I've always been a good person at heart, and the cube responded to that. On the other hand, if it were to be possessed by someone evil, then there's no telling what would happen. Someone like that could get as strong as me, perhaps even worse. Thankfully, we don't have to worry about those possibilities. I've got doubts that there are any cubes here in your world." I hear a plate land on the table in front of me.

"There's something else I needed to say before we eat. While we were out and about Hisoka and Toguro were there. The group of us took them down, though we did need a tiny bit of help."

"At least you guys have friends out here. I wish I could bring someone back from the base, but I need to keep people there in case something were to happen." We all eat our meals and finish up quickly. Once done Akeno and I start washing the dishes.

"I bet you're jealous you haven't gotten to fight anyone yet Akeno."

"It's typical of you to take all of the fun Y/N. Maybe next time you and I can take one of them on together." I shrug my shoulders.

"It's always a possibility. It's not like we want to be outright searching for trouble with all of those guys." The two of us finish up and I put my arms around her. "Let's get ourselves to bed. I'm a little worn out after that fight with Hisoka." She holds her arms up to me.

"Would you carry me Y/N? You can't be that tired right? Definitely not my big strong fiance." She stares into my eyes and I roll mine at her.

"Fine, I guess so." She gets a large smile on her face and jumps into my arms. "You know I can't resist when you look at me like that."

"That was the plan." I drop Akeno off at my room with the other girls.

"I've got something I've got to do real quick." I head down the hallway and knock on the door. "Ingvild, are you in there?"

"Come in Y/N." She motions me over to her bed and I sit down next to her. 

"I just wanted to say you did a great job earlier. We wouldn't have been able to take those guys out if you weren't there. I know you've still got some doubts about your place in my peerage, but I'm glad that you're here. As long as we keep working together nothing will be able to stop us. I know that the others are glad that you're here as well."

"Thank you Y/N, but I'm not sure I did much to help." I grab her hand.

"Ingvild, trust me, you did what you needed to do. I learned during my first Rating Game that as long as the team wins, you did all that you had to do to get there. You may not feel like you did a lot, but if you ask anyone else that was there with us, you did exactly what you had to. Keep working with them and me and soon enough the group of us will be able to take on any opponents that come our way. Can you do something for me?" She tilts her head. "Just believe in yourself. There's a reason why the two of us met, and there's a reason why you're in my peerage. So long as you believe in yourself and the power you have there will be no reason to worry." I give her a grin. "And if you ever have to ask yourself, I believe in you Ingvild Leviathan."