Where You Lie

"Now, let's get to business. This may seem a little bit hard to grasp, but I'm not actually from this world. I'm from Earth like you all, but the Earth I'm from is different than this one. Where I'm from there aren't devils, angels, or fallen angels. In fact, I have no clue what religions or mythologies are even present in my world if any at all. I used to live in the United States, but one day something happened and I was killed. I ended up being revived by someone, or technically something. There's something inside of my body called an Umbras Cube, which basically resurrected me and gave me power. From that point on I started fighting under an organization called Jump Force. Jump Force's goal was to keep my world and their worlds separate from each other."

"So there are other universes is what you're saying?" He looks my way.

"That's an easier way to put it, but these other universes are a little harder to grasp. The people that I worked alongside were from their own worlds, aptly named Jump Worlds. Think about it like this, take your favorite anime or manga characters, and there's a chance that I fought alongside them. The former Director of Jump Force was trying to merge the worlds together, but between myself and a few other key members of the Force, he was defeated. After that point, it was unanimously voted that I would take the place as the new Director. Unfortunately for us, there were a few people working against the Jump Force with a group called Venoms, which the former Director was the leader of. While I had my intents of taking those villains on myself in my own world, they ended up escaping to this world. The other members of the Jump Force have returned to their own worlds, only a few of them have even stayed behind to keep our base intact, but I couldn't spare to bring them here."

"And so you're here to recruit us," Vali says.

"That's correct. From what I've gathered they've met up with Ophis of the Khaos Brigade, and from what I can tell I could most likely defeat her. However, if I was to go in against that entire group on my own, there's no doubt that I would lose. Thankfully I can change my appearance on a whim thanks to my Umbras Cube, but I know you two are most likely well known to these new enemies." When he finishes talking his hair changes from blue to silver, and the markings on his face disappear. "See, at this point, the only way they could recognize me is if they fought me. If you all would be so kind I would love to enlist your help to take on these threats. Not only would it help my world out, but it would also help yours out as well." I turn back to Rias but she just smirks at me.

"You're a King now Y/N, this is your call, not mine. Whatever you want to do I'm with you the entire way, you know that."

"Alright," I respond. My gaze meets the Director. "I'm in, but on one condition. You claim to be so much stronger than all of us, so I want to see it. After that happens I expect you to be willing to train us to reach a level closer to where you currently are."

"That's an easy task," he responds. "I want to see where you truly are with your power now. I was quite impressed with your battle against Sairaorg Bael, and I want to see how you would compare to me. I guess that's what happens when you work next to Goku for so long, you just have the desire to fight people." My eyes light up.

"You worked with Goku? Yeah, you're on." He laughs at me.

"You know Y/N, you remind me a lot of myself." We make our way to the training room and stand on opposite ends from each other. "Let's not waste any time, shall we?" Before I can enter my Balance Breaker the Director disappears from my sight. He appears in front of me and uppercuts me before punching me back towards the ground. I jump up and get space to enter my Balance Breaker.

"That was a nice move, but you're not the only one who can do tricks like that." I teleport behind him but he reads my attack and punches me, cracking my armor with ease. His attacks are on a much higher level than Sairaorg, and he knows just how strong he truly is. Before he can throw another attack I land a punch to his chest, but he stands against it firm.