Heart of Stone

Y/N POV

"That's enough for today." I wipe the sweat from my brow and try to catch my breath. "Tomorrow will be your last test, and if you pass that then you're free to go." I slowly rise to my feet and look at Great Red.

"I never would have thought that I could use my power like this."

"It was your birthright, was it not? Sacred Gears are granted at birth, and it's up to the user to figure out how to maximize their potential with that Sacred Gear. I've seen many hosts of Ddraig in my time, but you are the first one that I've seen discover their potential." The two of us make our way up to the cave and I take the moment to look up at the moon.

"In your best guess, where do you think I sit in this world as far as power goes?" Great Red chuckles before answering.

"You've got power that would make even the strongest of Gods hesitate before fucking with you, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Besides, you know I'll be there with you if you can't handle it." I look back at the Dragon of Dreams. "We're two sides of the same coin Y/N. Wherever I end up in this world, I'll still be looking out for you. You've still got a long road ahead of you, and as you figure out more about your life I'll do my best to help you. There are some things that you'll still have to figure out on your own, but if you ever need some advice to push you in the right direction I'll be there." I get a smirk on my face.

"It's been a long time since I've had that level of solace." I feel something grab my arm and I get pulled into a pair of breasts.

"I'll be right there too Y/N! When you go back home maybe you can introduce me to your family." I look up and grin.

"Okay Tiamat, you've got it." She gets a smile on her face and runs her hand through my hair.

"You need to get some rest now handsome, you go on and lay down." I do as she commands and I wave to Great Red before I enter the cave. After a couple of minutes, Tiamat follows me inside and lays down with me. "Goodnight Y/N."

The Next Day

"Alright Y/N," Tannin says, "your final test is here. After everything that we've done here, there's no reason to hold back. Therefore, I want you to fight me at your full power. I'm sure the sparks from our battle will alert the Gremorys nearby, but if they know that it's you and me fighting I'm sure they won't be upset." I start laughing.

"Are we fighting here?" Tannin doesn't answer and instead picks me up, putting me on his back.

"No, we're not. We're going to take a trip down memory lane." We fly over to a canyon and Tannin throws me into it. Tannin lands next to me and I land on my feet.

"You couldn't have just let me land with you?" Tannin's laugh echoes around the canyon and I ready myself to fight. Before the two of us start I see Great Red and Tiamat looking over the canyon in the same way Rias and Azazel did so long ago.

"Prepare yourself Y/N, this battle won't be like before. Neither of us needs to hold back, and I'm going to be showing you my full power as well." I spread my wings and show them off to everyone, my original devil wings having been replaced with smaller versions of Great Red's wings.

"Blaze Meteor Dragon vs Red Dragon Emperor." Great Red holds his hand up. "Let the battle begin!" I fly toward Tannin and my power starts passively boosting. As my body got used to becoming one of a dragon I've been able to use the powers of the Boosted Gear without having to summon it. It makes things easier while I'm in combat, and though my body has gotten more durable, I still have access to my Balance Breaker if I need it. I dodge the flames from Tannin and try to close the distance, though with Tannin being fifteen feet tall he has quite a bit of a reach advantage over me. I use my speed to get through his defenses, and when I land the first punch the canyon around us starts to rumble.