This Means War

Y/N POV

After the encounter with the fallen angel Dohnaseek, I couldn't sleep all night. Realizing that I'm not in a position to be fighting against powerful foes and the fact that it happened at my father's gravesite all hit me at once. Everyone else had gone home and I'm sure they didn't have any issues but I did. I tried to see if Ddraig would be willing to talk for a minute.

"You there Ddraig?"

"Yes, I am. What do you need, partner? Is it about what happened earlier?"

"Well yeah, it is. I just feel like I'm weak after that. I need to get stronger to protect myself and the people around me. Everyone seemed concerned when they got there and for the first time that worried me. It was only the first day I had known all of them but they treated me like a friend they have had forever. I'm just lost."

"They're growing on you it seems. I'm sure there are reasons but it appears to me that they are worried because you are so new to all of this. If you had been a devil for a few years like them then I'm sure they wouldn't worry, but these aren't normal people you are fighting. These fights aren't for sport, they are for your life, and you need to protect yourself. I'll do what I can to help you but ultimately you will need to put the work into yourself. If you get stronger I can lend more of my power to you, and eventually, no one will be able to fight us."

"I'm sure this is a lot to take in, but I believe you are cut out for it. You've had people against you your whole life, so what does it matter to get stronger for yourself and your friends? Keep pushing yourself and I'll do the same for you, and eventually, there will be no reason to worry. You could potentially be the greatest Red Dragon Emperor of all time."

I stop and think for a minute. In the position I'm in now I need to be much stronger than I am now, but I don't know where to start. Before all of this, I could handle myself perfectly fine, but now I have no idea. I'll guess I'll just figure it out like I always do.

Timeskip

After everything that happened, I'm heading to school. As much as I'd love to be anywhere else I'd rather not have Rias on my ass right now so I'll just deal with it. On the way there I see a girl who seems to not be from around here. She has a trunk of stuff that has fallen over and she is on the ground, presumably from tripping. I realize I've got time to see if she needs help so I stop next to her and help her up. Once I do I get a good look at her. She has blonde hair with green eyes and seems like she is from Europe or really anywhere but here. She also has on a uniform that seems to be church-related. 

"Thank you for your help," she says to me, "I'm lost and overwhelmed

"Thank you for your help," she says to me, "I'm lost and overwhelmed." It's understandable, she's in a new place with no real idea of her surroundings.