Rebirthing

I saw another story use song titles as chapter names so I'm using the idea.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N POV

"Y/N, PLEASE, DON'T STOP!"

Yeah, that's where we're starting.

Today was just like any other day. Got out of school and went to go hook up with one of the girls from the Kendo Club. Don't ask for her name because I don't even remember. Currently, we've been at it for, oh I don't know, an hour or two. I've lost track at this point.

(A/N: At some point, I'll delve into trying to write out some actual lemons but just a forewarning they'll probably suck.)

"We should do that again sometime, that was the best feeling I've ever had," this girl said to me once we had concluded our "fun".

"I guess we'll see what happens. I'll see you at school tomorrow."

"You're not going to stay for dinner? My mom should be home soon and I'm sure she wouldn't mind."

"Listen," I start, "you obviously don't know how I operate. I've got other things to take care of today and while dinner sounds nice, I'll be fine passing on that. What would we even say to her? 'Mom this is Y/N him and I just fucked and he wanted to stay for dinner.'"

She seemed rather taken aback by this. "I just thought there was some sort of connection between us. I figured I would introduce you as my boyfriend." She looked at me with hurt in her eyes. But alas, I had no desire to continue with this.

"I don't do the boyfriend thing in case you haven't gathered that hint by now," I say with a pinch of aggravation in my voice. "Trust me when I say this, even if I did want to enter a relationship with you, you would just end up hurt." She tries to compose herself before responding to me.

"Why? Are you going to be the one to hurt me? That's what everyone says about you Y/N. 'The Renegade doesn't do relationships because he's an abuser.' I bet if it were Rias or Akeno you wouldn't think twice if they asked you out." Clearly, she's trying to bait me. This is a normal state in these conversations. These girls try to get me to snap or break down on them like they want to know something about me.

"I've had enough of this, I'll see you at school," I say before walking out the door. I hop on my dad's old motorcycle and head home.

The clock says 7:45 when I arrive. From here the routine is simple, get a workout in, take a shower, and then go to sleep around 10 and do it all again in the morning.

The Next Day

*ring* *ring* *ring*

I shut my alarm off, 4 AM. I get dressed really quick and head out for a run, grabbing my headphones and putting them in to block out anyone who would want to talk.

At around 5:30 I go into my normal place for breakfast. I don't bother cooking because I was never actually taught how to. Some things I've figured out but others are up in the air. Anyway, I walk in and see the manager, Joey. I come in here almost every day so he knows me pretty well by now, except for what happened to Dad. He knew of everything going on at school as well but never tried to deter me from it.

"Good morning Mr. L/N! How are you this lovely morning?"

"Good morning," I say, "I'm the same as I always am, just waking up before school."