Five| How the mighty have fallen.

When I tell you I rewrote this chapter like 3 times

When I tell you I rewrote this chapter like 3 times... I have too much time on my hands I swear.
•••••

The plan was simple.

The former criminal, Koshi Tenshi—the name was overkill for you but that wasn't the point.—Had somehow gotten himself an invite to The prince of Tanbarun, Prince Raji's yearly banquet at the castle. Apparently, Mr. Koshi had gotten himself a government job with his new identity, he'd managed to be close with a neighboring nation's royal court to the point where he was the go-to guy when the prince refused to attend these types of parties.

According to Reo, a lot of royalties don't respect Raji, and after new rumors that he'll soon take a concubine and not a future queen you can see why. Of course it was a common thing among royalty, concubines, but you didn't really see what he was in such a rush for. The boy was a year or two younger than you and you didn't think you were anywhere near the marrying age and neither was he.

Nevertheless; the plan centered around you attending as his plus one. Reo and Rina had been in communication with him, and they had said you'll be dropping off the papers he needs for his comrade who was outside the country.

Of course, you were not doing any of the sort. But they had provided you with a great excuse to meet him personally without any suspicion from his part.

You were there to scare him into never messing with your rag tag group of friends.

So, while you had no clue of what you needed to do to scare someone. You assumed you'd be attempting murder— keyword, attempting. Not that you couldn't go through with it, but the last thing you needed were more lives to live down.

Your brother always told you that the wicked weren't created but born. You knew that was a fact, you weren't born wicked, so the idea of taking someone's life, no matter what type of disgusting excuse of a human they were was still morally wrong.

...Now that you had gotten your grievances out, you had a particularly twisted night planned for this man.

You might have not been born wicked, but you were pretty sure you could aim to get as close as possible.

"I'm gonna be one scary cabbage tonight" you giggled silently, as you tugged up the strap of your soft pink dress. Your usually curly hair had been sealed in multiple twists, winding down to the lining of your hips. Full lips coated in transparent gloss. Your neck was adorned with soft delicate gold jewelry, painted nails highlighted by multiple rings.