Thirty six| Again

•••••

•••••

As much as Izana hated it, he took Kane's words into heed. For the rest of his stay at the castle he tried to stay near Sakura, to see whether or not he can love her.

Sakura was indeed beautiful, with hair like gold, and eyes like the sky. She had a radiant smile, and she wore the most beautiful gowns. Soft, baby blue, like her eyes. She was well loved in her castle and kingdom and all through out the week that he was there he had many intelligent conversations with her.

She was bright, knowledgeable and would one day make a good Queen.

She was a good candidate, indeed. Izana agreed, he agreed with his mother who had introduced the two of them when they were only children in hopes of sparks flying. He agreed with King Loid, who has tried his hardest to trick Izana into admitting his feelings for Sakura to him. Through their dinners, through their walks in his garden, through their morning breakfast feasts.

He agreed, she would make a great queen one day, she was amazing, she checked any box any man could ever have for their wife, for their queen. But... and Izana hated it just as much as he hated this situation, no matter how amazing Sakura, how beautiful, kind, soft hearted, how perfect she was.

She couldn't hold a candle to you.

Izana swore on his own life that for that week he tried to see what it would be like if he lived without you. If he ended it with you, if you became nothing but a distant Fever dream. But it didn't work. Whenever he talked to Sakura he thought of what you would think of the topic, whenever he saw her blonde hair he thought of your wild curls and coils and how he absolutely loved them. How messy and imperfect they were, but how they looked like a work of art on you. Whenever Sakura smiled he would remember yours, that confident, seductive, killer smile you had. That made his whole body light up, that smile, it burned him and left him begging for more.

And worst of all, he thought of your skin, how it wasn't as fair and pale as Sakura's. How it was dark, marked by battle scars, and white tattoo markings, how it looked absolutely, unmistakably perfect against his.

Before he knew it, the weekend had arrived and celebrations for Princess Sakura's birthday started. There were feasts, and wine, many hopeful suitors from other countries arriving to woo her, yet she stuck by Izana's side all through out the night.

You were coming, Izana knew it, he knew it by the buzz of his skin. He was going to see you tonight, and he's going to have to face it. Face you, face your family, face himself, face Sakura, face his feelings.

Soon, he was there, seated beside King Loid and Princess Sakura who was anxious in her seat wondering what the show was about.

He was there, when Kane arrived, when the drums started, when the fire was lit when the ground erupted in vicious.