Two| Impulses.

•••••

Izana could not sleep.

And it was so irritating— only a few hours ago had he been so eager to drop down and sleep. He's been in a carriage for three days! Usually he wouldn't even waste time with paperwork and he would drop to bed and be asleep in half a minute.

But this time was different and he knew exactly why. The scene played in his mind on constant replay. He couldn't have been so mesmerized with a single woman in his life that his sleep schedule would sufferer tremendously like this.

Sure she was beautiful, and she was very talented to not be scared about dancing in a field of fire like that. But that doesn't mean that she deserves to occupy his thoughts like this.

The prince sighed, sitting up on his large bed. The manor was so silent, even though he knew the guards were placed outside of his door and other parts. It still felt empty.

I am scheduled to stay in this home for another day... should I try to talk to her?

The prince wondered, while pushing off the covers and making his way to the balcony beside his bed. He pushed open the transparent curtains, while he made his way out towards the patio. The cold air greeted his warm skin, as he placed his arms on the rough concrete rail. Leaning on to look at the field that was once alive with furious flames.

He sighed, watching the guards that came with him do their patrols. They would soon be switching shifts as the three am mark approached and he'd have to crawl back to bed and pretend to be asleep while they came and checked on him.

This was one of the downsides of traveling out of his own kingdom. The protocols— while necessary, they easily became tedious and he felt as if he wasn't even allowed to breath without his guards knowing about it.

Of course, that was their job, but still. He missed the freedom of his own castle already.

As he stood there, staring at the starless sky and the array of forest trees that started past the concrete field— he assumed that's where they keep the horses. A part of Izana wanted to hop off the rather tall balcony and venture to the woods to find some horses and ride around for a bit to clear his head.

It was a surfy method. Especially when he was being haunted by trivial thoughts like women. No matter how irrevocably beautiful they were.

He didn't even know why he wanted to have a conversation with her. It's not as if her people allow her to speak or anything. Izana had noticed it before and after the show. The majority of the men who were drumming and the showman were the only ones speaking. The girl would laugh and act as happy as she wanted to, but at the end of the day, throughout that entire performance she didn't say a single word.

He thought she was mute, until Kazama confirmed that she wasn't allowed to speak.

What a load of shit, Izana knew if he wanted to speak to her he would. And no matter what rules she was put under, he would coax her into speaking to him.

He'd already started playing out conversations in his head of how it would be. Maybe her voice was soft, and she was shy... that didn't fit her.

His perception of her was solely based on the look she had when she was dancing,

She was wild.

And he was looking forward to hearing how she talked. He hoped her personality was just as wild, even if it was only one conversation, he'd love to see how she would react to him. His adoration of her. It would be a sight to see.