Twenty| Adore you.

••••••

••••••

Prince Raji was to arrive tomorrow morning, and in preparation, Izana had to spend the night at his office. Tackling tomorrow's paper work portion, tonight so he'll have all day to mess with his brother.

As his royal guard, you've been staying at the castle for a week so you had no plans of leaving. Though, now that you had the job, you realized that aside from the princes themselves, the guards are one of the most hardworking people in this whole castle.

You, being up there with the busy bodies, since you weren't like the other guards so you couldn't switch out with anyone. Which, would have been a challenge had you been anyone else. Long nights and even longer days were a norm for you, and now that you thought about it, Tom was always complaining about how you were too much of a hard worker. He would find you awake late at night cleaning the bakery or getting to the tasks you hadn't during the day. Not to mention you were a natural magnet for people, so the whole day was spent socializing— a task the older man found completely draining.

Izana, was just the same.

Though, his work ethic was almost as rigorous as yours. He would easily surpass you if you didn't spend the whole day lazing on his couch, reading books and periodically messing with him to make sure that he hasn't spiraled into a depressive stage induced by his ridiculous never-ending paperwork.

Now that you recalled, it was about time you check on him.

Closing your book you turned to the prince who was stone faced, focused on his work. A small smile appeared across your face, before you shrugged and returned back to your work.

If Izana needed you he would definitely make it known.

While the prince was incredibly well-behaved, to you atleast, during the day. He had a bit of difficulty keeping his distance when he was tired. Late nights like this were the perfect example.

Soon, he'd get away from the paperwork and come to bother you. You just had to wait.

Surely, twenty minutes later his chair scraped against the floor, as he stood up and made his way to the lounge area in his office where you were draped on the couch on the last chapter of this week's book.

You turned to him, as he stood behind you, putting his hand on your head and running it down to the ponytail band that held it together. Only to slide it off, letting your hair roll down in a waterfall of messy curls. A sigh left your lips as the prince perched himself on the arm-rest you were leaning on and continued to play with you hair.