Thirty Seven| Truth untold

Unedited••••••

Unedited
••••••

"Did you enjoy the show?" You kept your voice little above a whisper, no one knew you were back yet and chances were that if you made noise someone would be prompted to check in.

Izana gently pushed the loose strands of your hair off your face, staring down at you with a smile painting his lips. "It was marvelous" you laid with your head on his lap the rest of your body stretched across his bed. "Do you ever get scared that you'll get burned?" He asked, gently caressing your face with the back of his hands.

"That's what makes it fun," you closed your eyes, smiling, as you relished in the feeling of his skin on yours. It had become an odd craving that you wondered if Izana had them too. "Whenever I first practiced the routine I got burned so many times, I got use to it, however I think I got too use to it sometimes I get careless."

"Well, it payed off, I believe the first time I met you was during your performance of that dance, back at Kazama's manor, then you proceeded to threaten to kill me." He grinned, "I was smitten ever since."

Your eyes fluttered open, and you shook your head. "Not for me," he quirked an eyebrow, and you turned to lay on your side, "when I first fell for your horrible charms, it wasn't on our first day."

"When did I finally hook you then?" he smirked, already assuming he did hook you. Sure evidence states — with you now laid on his lap — that he did, however it was bold to assume "can I guess?"

"Go ahead," you chuckled, he took his hand back, tapping a finger against his chin in contemplation.

"The night prior to Raji's arrival," he said and you remembered that night, it was the first night you admitted your feelings to him. But truth be told you'd been smitten with him a little before that. The night prior to Raji's arrival had been one of a weakness. And somehow you told him of your feelings.

"Close but not quite," you said, and he looked down curiously, "give up yet?"

"Was it during the party in Tanbarun?"

You crinkled your face, "so close yet so far," he deflated, not because he couldn't guess it, Infact he had a sneaking suspicion he's got it now. But you rarely talk about your feelings for him, and this was a perfect opportunity to do so.

"I give up," the playful glint in your eyes felt like you could see right through him. Regardless, you settled on your back again, and looked up at the ceiling.