Eleven| Fate's knotted strings.

••••••

••••••

For the on-coming weeks, Tom's bakery had become a rather bustling attraction. Now that he had an employee who didn't have the attitude of a hungry crocodile like it's owner people felt more comfortable and welcomed to eat.

Tom hadn't changed much, on aspects of warming up to you. He was still a cold-hearted, no-nonsense, bastard who didn't like your hair loose and requested that whether you were helping him bake that day or not you should have your hair pulled back and tied so it wouldn't get in the food. Sometimes he encouraged you to keep your head covering on.

Nevertheless, you remained willfully ignorant to his annoying obsession with what you should do with it and focused on doing your job. He wasn't a terrible boss, whenever some rowdy customers got too bold he was quick to see them out of the door and ensure you were safe. He didn't tolerate any slander towards you unless it was from him, which you supposed you could handle.

Nevertheless, your first day working for him turned into a week, then weeks and eventually you were reaching the end of the first month.

"So, Boss, I was thinking that you can give me some employee of the month award or something." You said, on night while you were working late for one of his more massive orders.

"For what?"

"Being the best employee of the month."

"You're my only employee."

"Precisely."

He huffed, placing the cookies in a small bag after properly packaging it. "You will not receive any unearned awards from me, young lady."

"Your just bitter you aren't the employee of the month" you scoffed, placing another set of cookies in he bag. "And how come you have such a large order this time?" You asked, recalling the last three nights spent with you baking all evening and coming home close to the crack of dawn only to come back and help him bake more a few hours later.

"You've been attracting attention" he stated, moving towards the apple pies that were placed on the counter. "Everyone in the town is talking about the exotic baker who works for me. Ontop of everyone wanting to see you, and my delightful baked goods, we make a very powerful team."

You flashed a grin mirroring that of an excited child. "You love me," you giggled and he rolled his eyes.

"Good God, this is why I don't complement you."

"Really? I thought you don't complement me because your jealous I have pretty hair and yours is kinda...leaving."

He sent you an irritated look and you laughed, clarifying that you were just joking. He huffed, carrying the pie towards another bag. "Anyways, to answer your question, this order is from the royal family itself."