Twenty five| Stupid men.

••••••

••••••

Hardly any guards were permitted to witness the meeting. The royal guards were the only ones allowed in the large room. You being Izana's royal guard along with Mitsuhide and Kiki had been positioned closest to the princes. The meeting was suppose to be brief, at most twenty minutes since everyone there was a very busy person. But then, Lord Haruka cleared his throat and stood up, and you knew this wasn't going to be brief at all.

You stood directly behind Izana, as he took a seat at the head of the table. Closest to him, other than you, was Zen. On either side of him were Mitsuhide and Kiki, seated. You refused a seat, since, should anything happen—doubtful as that was. It would take you too long to stand up, then draw the sword. That wouldn't be a problem if Izana had allowed you to use a knife like you asked. But that was a story for another day.

Down the oval table, was lord Haruka, the other person standing up, then around just the table was a string of unfamiliar faces all around.

Luckily, you couldn't recognize any of them. Incase Izana really did have some people who were plotting to kill a prince, you hoped some had business with the white dragons in the past. Though, as you mentioned before, your brother was always adamant on never allowing you to attend his meetings. You were not only one of the most talented fighters he had in his syndicate, but you were also his little sister. Should anyone know of your existence, chances were that they would try to get to you.

Kane knew you weren't helpless, he'd seen to that himself. But he still wouldn't risk it. But even with that, you still got a detailed description of all the men your brother worked with. Including a picture of them. And you never forgot a face.

So far you, you couldn't recognize anyone. Which meant you could somewhat pay attention to the rant Haruka had gone on. It was about loyalty to the crown, and how shameful this meeting is. You almost rolled your eyes when he said that the prince wasn't safe—as if you weren't there. More so, as if you can't break his neck in less than fifteen seconds.

"There is reason to believe that the prince's life is danger." Haruka then slammed his fist on the table. "And it's because of your incompetence, as advisors."

"Oh God," Izana sighed softly, and you snickered. Keeping your tones so hushed that only the other could hear.

The rest of the room fell in silence.

Some shocked, some taken aback, others just confused and trying to process what was said. "Should we call in her majesty?! Surely, this is a serious situation that requires the entire nation's attention?!" The first one to snap out of the shock spoke. He was an older man, with grey hair sleeker back with a expensive clothing on.