Twenty one| The whispers of the past.

•••••••

•••••••

The garden wasn't as vast as you thought it would be, but it was still stunning nonetheless. This area specifically was trimmed with large wall-like bushes that lead to the flower area where the court herbalists grew their herbs. There was a green house deeper in the gardens and you wouldn't doubt that there would be a maze as well. Having read too many princess books, there was always a maze.

This area has been decorated with tables filled with pastries, cookies and cakes, there was tea and stunning tea cups along with subtle placements of new flowers ontop of the garden walls along with other parts. It wasn't a cheesy balloons and streamer decorations but something classy, worthy of a soon-to-be king.

"You're salivating," Izana slightly teased, obviously silent enough for the other guests who were entering to hear.

"This is my one weakness, that and spiders," you placed a hand on your chest as you stared longingly at the cookies. "I would sacrifice your life for Tom's cookies," you turned to Izana who chuckled smally.

"That hurts," he scoffed, "I'm far more valuable than some cookies," you scoffed, before making your way to the trays and taking a plate for him, and mainly yourself then coming back and presenting it to him.

"Try it."

Izana, while adamant about never eating sweets, obediently took a small cookie. You watched as he took a bite, then his usual calm face looked somewhat shocked— as shocked as Izana could get, which wasn't really that shocked. "I see your point" he nodded.

"Uh-huh" you took the plate back, "which, is weird because for a man with little to no happiness in his life. He makes the best sweet pastries for happy people." You took a bite.

"Who the hell says I'm not a sweet happy person?"

You whirled around to face a very sour faced Tom, and by instinct your head dipped down. Acting oblivious to the fact that he caught you bad mouthing him to the prince. "Boss, it's nice to see you—"

"Cut the crap," he rebuked and you sat up with a grin across your face.

"Did you miss me? I know you did—here let me give you a hug" you opened your arms wide for him, walking towards him. Tom rolled his eyes before gently pushing you away by your face. "Don't be shy, I'm a great hugger!"

"Compose yourself," he hissed, "you're in the presence of a prince." He said.

You pulled away from him then turned to an amused Izana. "Of course, my mistake," if you were remorseful you didn't show it, and Tom could tell by your giggles that you certainly did not care if you were in the presence of Izana or not.