Twenty seven| The plan.

••••••

••••••

The plan was simple.

Well, as simple as Izana can make his plans. The destination was in one of the previous lord's manors. This one was at the east, and the successor that was specially chosen by Izana was ready to welcome him, you and two more guards. The knowledge that the prince was there for the weekend would spread to any accomplices or moles in the castle and Izana guaranteed that there would be some who would give away his location. Which means, he would most likely be cornered in the old lord's manor.

The prince had done so with the knowledge that the current lord would assist him right away. Which means the whole thing was simply to draw everyone out. You, along with the two guards, Konami and Kai would be incharge of capturing as many of them as there were.

You knew there wouldn't be that many, obviously since this was an assassination attempt not a coup.

"Ko-Na-Miiiii!!!" You yelled, throwing your arms up like an excited child. A few minutes prior to that, you and Izana were making your way towards the carriage already prepared for the trip. You would stay outside with the guards as the prince rode inside the carriage. Which meant you had all the time to catch up with two very good friends of yours. Konami, and Kai.

Konami looked up from petting the horse and flashed you a grin. "Nia!!!" He called, as you rushed towards him, giving both his arms a hard high-five before you realized that was a very bad idea.

"Ow, ow, owww!!" You cradled your hands, hissing as they turned bright red. Konami and Kai snickered when Konami simply brushed off your high five like it was nothing. "What is your hand made of?!"

"Power." Konami suavely responded.

"Ohhhhhh!!!" Kai piped. And you rolled your eyes.

Out of all the guards you had met, these two had been the best you had known. Konami, a tall blonde with a buzz cut and bright lilac eyes, was the most talented swordsman in the castle. And Lord Haruka's prized soldier. You knew he was the whole reason why Haruka had so much animosity towards you. He had wanted Konami to be the royal guard and not you. Kai, was also a blonde, but much shorter with soft honey colored eyes and a sweet smile. He was usually seen guarding the gates with another one of your friends. But he was also a good soldier. His small body allowed him to be agile and smooth with his movements. Hell, he could even give you a run for your money when it came to hand to hand combat.

But, you did have an overwhelming winning streak over him. And you constantly reminded him of that.

Aside from Mitsuhide and Kiki, these two had been the ones helping you advance in your sword training.