Fourty Four| Circles.

Unedited••••••

Unedited
••••••

"On your left," you said, before striking— your foot swiping in the air and coming in contact with tensed muscles. Hiro blocked, before pushing you back and wasting no time in striking.

He threw a punch to which you leaned back to dodge, he was quick to follow with a flying kick and an expert twist of his body. To which you flipped away, barely dodging the attack.

He continued his offensive attacks, a punch here, a kick there, but you were beginning to see a pattern. This was about as far as your training had gotten him, it seemed he was regressing back to his predictable fighting style now that he could no longer predict your own moves.

A twist of an arm here and a swipe of the leg there and he was on his back with your hand on his neck and knee holding down his chest.

"The battle is over," announced Konami.

Hiro was a sweaty mess, heaving in and out desperately. Blonde strands clinging onto his reddened face, with green eyes wide and alert as he took in his position beneath you and his perpetual lost.

He had yet to win a fight.

But the grin you received back was massive.

"How was that?" He asked.

"Absolutely lovely," you pushed off him, grabbing his hand in tow and pulling him up. "Your improvement in only two weeks is something to be proud of, you did amazing."

"All because of you, sensei," he gleamed, in that golden retriever way of his, he was already vibrating with energy. Eyes wide and anticipating your criticism.

You chuckled softly, he was such a little brother, "give yourself some credit dude, all I do is give tips but you're the one who does the training. And it's paying off, you're a lot faster, more responsive, you've learned to prioritize reading your opponent's body language and attacking with that knowledge. The only thing I can encourage is for you to try and stop yourself whenever you get funnel vision if an opponent is tricker. Remember, you're not fighting some monster but another human with the same human limitations as you, there's nothing to panic about."

He bobbed his head, soaking it all in like a sponge. "Yes sensei! I'll take that into consideration and put it into my sparing matches."

"That's all you need to do," you smiled.

"You're such a benevolent teacher," Konami said making his way to the middle of the empty training field, where you and Hiro stood. "So unlike you," he added with a teasing grin.

"Shove it," you rolled your eyes, lately you've been accused of special treatment on Hiro. And it was true, it's not like you were denying it. You liked the kid a lot more than most of the people you trained and sparred with. You didn't pull your punches, because he'd notice and get mad at you, but you did offer helpful advice and encouraged him to be better than you ever could. With such a student eager to learn, there was nothing you could do but try and do your best for him.