Ten| Guardian.

••••••

••••••

"Why the hell would you let her get lost?" You asked, eyebrows pinched together arms folded.

Zen sighed, massaging the temples of his head. "How exactly is this my fault?" His blue eyes glided towards you, clearly he was annoyed, and worried for Shirayuki as so we're you. But a missing friend, who happens to be the one to make you breakfast every morning, a prince who woke you up an hour before your actual waking time and the fact that Tom did not take it well when you told him you wouldn't be coming to work... we're all the perfect ingredients for putting Zinnia in a bad mood.

"I don't know, it just is" you huffed. "What do you think could have happened to her?" You asked pacing back and forth. You and Zen were standing at the port where you had seen Shirayuki off, it was still early in the morning so it wasn't nearly as crowded. Nevertheless, you could see a few people casting glances here and there.

"Shirayuki..." Zen started, leaning off the wall he was crouched against. "She has very vibrant red hair that tends to attract bad attention. It's why she left Tanbarun to begin with. No doubt that's what got her in trouble."

You hummed in agreement, though, before you were too distracted to see if anyone other than Zen had taken a particular interest towards Shirayuki, but as you were aware some men hadn't taken their eyes off you for your different skin, you should have been looking out for her.

"Okay, so we've canceled out the fact that she could have just gotten lost right?" You asked making your way to Zen and kneeling infront of him.

"She's not stupid, she could have easily found her way back by now." He nodded, and you knew he was right. Shirayuki was extremely resourceful, and practically nothing can phase her. That's why you two got along so well, she wasn't some delicate sheltered flower, neither were you.

With a heavy sigh you gently hit his arm, "alright prince, get your ass up I'll find her."

Zen obliged, standing up and patting his worse. "How exactly are you going to find her?"

"I've an impeccable sense of smell" you answered, a hand on your hip. Zen's small smile fell, and he simply gave you a look that told you he wasn't in the mood for jokes. You chuckled, "no jokes, okay, serious time."

"Thank you," he sighed, "so how do we find her?"

"Alright, now, don't ask me how I know this but in every single town there's always a group of people who know a little too much. And I happen to know how to find these people," you started, pulling down the shawl you always placed over your hair and undoing it's modest low ponytail.

Of course, Zen had noticed your darker skin upon meeting you. But he hadn't noticed how it seemed to take in the sun's light and glow softly, brightening under the morning light. Your dark brown eyes turned a beautiful shade of liquid gold. And your hair—he hadn't seen it out of its tight hairstyle but it was long, and messy, and curly and silky, gleaming under the sunlight and soon the curls arranged themselves neatly on your head.