Twenty two| Mushroom

••••••

••••••

The staring contest between you and Obi lasted for a span of two minutes. With poor Shirayuki looking between you two curiously.

"Uh, do you two know each other?" Asked Shirayuki, who was tired of the staring contest. Her voice snapped you out of the shocked state you had fallen in at the sight of the man.

Shaking your head, you whirled around back to the garden, "sorry but I have to go back to Izana," you said, shuffling away before Obi conjured up any words.

Inside the garden yet again, Izana spotted you right away. His eyebrows pinched together confused, he was under the impression you went to speak with Tom. And when he looked slowly, you seemed worried, but it wasn't until the prince excused himself from the conversation with some people and went closer to you that he noticed the slight shaking of your hands.

"Zinnia?" He asked, taking your attention from your feet. You jumped at the sound of his voice—Izana had never startled you before.

Your arms instantly went behind your back, and a smile that was so obviously forced tugged on your lips. "Hey, your highness."

"Is everything alright?" He asked, a sinking feeling in his stomach.

Something was very wrong.

You shook your head, brushing off his words. "Yeah, Tom was busy in the kitchen," you explained with the most convincing voice you could muster up right now.

Which would have fooled a lot of people, just not Izana.

"That's a lie—" he couldn't finish his conversation before Lord Haruka placed a hand on his shoulder, emerging out of nowhere yet again.

"Your highness, you're needed," he urged, turning towards a duke who was waiting for Prince Izana to speak to him. "He's travelled all the way from the Kingdom of Rimi for his highness Livius. He cannot be left waiting," Haruka's eyes then slid towards you. "The prince is currently not in need of your presence, you may make yourself scarce."

For the first time in your life, Haruka did something not competently useless. A grin tugged on your lips, a shaky and fairly real one. "Right away, sir," you bowed before rushing off. Much to Izana's dismay.

What exactly happened in those few minutes that you left?

The prince sighed, it wouldn't help anyone if he starts worrying right now. So he pushed the thought to the side and made his way to the duke with Haruka beside him. And although Izana wasn't focused on you, thoughts of you never left his mind. He tried to converse with the duke but often times he would get lost in his head, staring down at the glass in his hands. Haruka having to nudge him back into the conversation. Luckily the duke had barely noticed.