Fourty| A breach of protocal.

••••••

••••••

The opening of the castle came a week later, but not after tedious work, new guard protocol and long nightly seminars with Kiki and Mitsuhide on what royal guards should be doing during the ceremony.

Despite all the precautionary measures to protect said royals. Somehow Izana found a problem with them.

You, at first were adamant on ignoring his constant nagging about why you have to assemble a group of capable guards and position them in hidden areas around the Prince at all times. Choking it up to the fact that he's been getting less then four hours of sleep for the entire week drowned in documents and royal decrees that needed to be rolled out before the opening of the castle.

But, regardless they never ceased.

"Oh my God, Izana" you groaned, pinching the bridge of your nose. It was one of the two times you two have had the comfort of being alone all week. "Would you calm down?! All of this is done to protect you!" Now, in-between your meetings, memorizing the position of the guards and the long book of guard protocols incase any civilians tried to approach the royals. You sat in the lounge area of his office, arguing with him about the same topic.

"I am more than capable of handling myself!"

"You have never been even a little capable of handling yourself!" You whirled towards him, "and that's not even the point, how do you think it would reflect on us as guards of the Prince, if the prince has to fight his own battles?! Do you see where in that statement that sounds wrong?"

"You are my lover not my keeper!"

"The contract that states that if anything happens to you I'll be beheaded says otherwise."

"You're just being dramatic."

"Oh like you've been this whole time?"

He huffed, blue eyes narrowed in annoyance. His shoulders square and a twitching eyebrow with a permanent frown. You returned the look back, unwilling to relent for his temper tantrums. Izana heaved a deep breath, pinching the bridge of his nose and closing his eyes forcing the breath to permeate his anger.

Then calmly, through gritted teeth he seethed. "Y/nmust you make me beg for more than a few minutes of privacy with you?"

"Yes, beg."

He rolled his eyes, walking from the door to his office to the lounge area and dropping dramatically on the couch. You suppressed your own eye roll, "I simply miss you, must I be subjected to an argument every time I ask to be in your presence."