Twenty eight| How to Kill a Prince.

••••••

••••••

When Izana woke up, he wasn't pressed against you, as he wanted. But instead he was laid on his desk with sore arms and a print of his coat on his face.

He instinctively looked around the room, only to see that you were nowhere to be found. A soft sigh left his lips, as he sunk back to his desk—he realized he let it happen again. He got close to you again, asked and received comfort from you. It wasn't easy for him to fall so easily to sleep in the presence of others. He was a prince after all, there had never been a clear, concise tell of who was and wasn't the enemy.

But you, no matter how little he knew about you, there was just something so comforting about your presence. Maybe it was your scent, like cold honey and roses, he hadn't realized he knew how to pin-point scents like that until he met you. It was such an odd blend that was weirdly satisfying. Maybe it was the softness in your voice, that was another thing that helped him relax, or maybe it was just you—your entire existence. Izana wasn't an idiot, he didn't believe in the whole soulmate love bullshit, he knew he could be compatible with multiple women, but, sometimes it seemed as if you were made for him.

The prince almost scoffed at his own thinking. He had bigger things to worry than what he found comforting about you. For starters, today was the day he expected the attempt at his life, and he had only a few hours to prepare for it.

He could really use some tea right now...

"Hello!" You called, pushing open the door, "your highness, I brought tea." Izana smiled, if there was someone who was made for him after all, he was sure it was you. He pushed his head off the desk to stare at you. A smile adorned your face as you held a tray of tea and cookies. "Good morning, sleepy head," you said much softer now that that two of you had your privacy as you placed his saucer down with his tea cup. "Ready to die?" You asked.

Izana scoffed softly, "you should stop sounding so excited," he said, you chuckled, leaning over the desk and ruffling his hair back to place. Izana watched you, the sun from the window had just risen, painting the smaller office in a pretty gold hue. Your dark skin seemed to come to life even with the slight exhaustion in your eyes. You were glowing, your honey eyes, chestnut skin, and long hair twisted back into a ponytail. A true vision, he was blessed to see in the morning.

"The maids are going to be by in a few minutes to show you to your chambers, as you fancy people say it," you retracted your hand and settled on the seat across from his desk. "I got lost like five times, so I asked them to show you around so you won't embarrass yourself—I'm amazing, I know." You effortlessly smiled, snatching one of his cookies. Izana took his tea, and a cookie, wondering when it was that you got him into eating sweets again.