Fourty Eight| Correspondents.

5000 words of unedited filth 🤭•••••••

•••••••

The next morning came.

And everyone was severely regretting the choices they made last night. Including you and Izana.

"Wow..." you stared at the scattered paperwork torn and wrinkled and stepped on with splatters of ink and glass from all the mess the two of you made last night.

"Yeah..." he said, standing beside you, arms folded with his loose button down opened to expose his chest. "That can be salvaged, we can blame it on an earthquake or something, what can't be easily explained is me," he turned to you, with narrowed eyes.

You refused to look at him, "an earthquake that only we felt?"

"It can work," he shrugged, "though once they see me we'll have a different problem on our hands."

"Oh, really that's crazy, would they really believe an earthquake struck here? Maybe we can say the wind was strong and we left the windows opened so this happened. Or just say it was dark and you being the clumsy man you are you knocked it off, plus you drank a little so we'll just say that contributed to it." You said, pulling your braids over your shoulder taking the tea-kettle they had a maid deliver a few minutes ago.

"Mhm, and how do we explain the hickeys?" Izana asked, and you pursed your lips, adamant on not taking responsibility at all.

"Ah well, we can just blame a bug" you said, pouring him some tea and looking at him for the first time since you two woke up this morning to hand him the cup.

"A bug..." he deadpanned, taking the tea, "really? One bug?"

It was just as bad as this morning, it seemed as if the more times you look at it the less and less its not obvious. Izana was covered in hickeys, red marks from the curve of his jawline, to the center of his chest. You were really relentless last night, this... was going to be quite difficult to cover up, especially when you had taken the courtesy to mark every part of his visible body and even more where many didn't see.

But this wasn't your fault, he did the same, your skin was just pigmented enough that it could only be spotted if someone was close enough. But he just had to be so pale, "you know, if you just stayed in the sun for a little longer everyday we wouldn't have had this problem in the first place."

"How did you manage to make this my fault?" He scoffed out a laugh, stepping over the paperwork you assumed was important enough to warrant the future king's attention to take a seat on his desk chair.