Nineteen| The "I'm sorry" Cake.

••••••

••••••

Zen's eyes trained on you the second you entered his office. His two attendants, the royal guards, Kiki and Mitsuhide both turned from what they were doing and towards you as you closed the door behind you.

"What do you want?" Asked the prince who was still very unamused by you.

You bowed your head down, "my prince—"

"Shut up!" He groaned, through the few times you and Zen had met after Shirayuki's rescue you two had actually grown to be very good friends and very casual with each other. So him telling you to shut up wasn't off any malice, though he was angry at you.

"Fine but stop being mad at me, I promise none of this is my doing" you whined, walking across the large office and stopping infront of him. You the placed down a small white cake with lazy—badly done, purple frosting.

Zen looked at it, then back at you, and with the most lackluster tone, as if you made him physically tired he asked "what the hell is this?"

"This is my—" you cleared your throat, "'I'm sorry for not telling you I knew your brother all along. Honestly we met like once or twice before and I didn't even know he would hire me as a royal guard. I understand you're mad so if you wanna fight I'm okay with it, but you won't win so don't embrass yourself like that' cake." You finished then flashed him a bright smile.

The entire room swear dropped, but Zen who was use to your antics by now snapped out of it first. "How do I know it's not poisonous? You seem to lie about everything else."

"What about me makes you think I know how to poison things?" You arched an eyebrow, with a tone that suggested that he was the dumb one. "Plus, I made Prince Izana try a piece before I came here so, it's totally safe." You showed him the side of the cake that was cut off.

"My brother hates sweets" Zen clarified.

"He just says that to sound cool" you waved him off.

"Now I'm not saying you should trust her" the turquoise haired man stepped up from the bookshelves and beside the blonde woman—Kiki. He took one of the few offered forks and dug into the cake. "But she makes a good argument," he said taking a bite of the cake, before groaning in pleasure.

"I know right?" You turned towards him.

"This is so good" he praised, although, with a mouth full of cake. He then turned to Zen, "I say we forgive her." He said before taking another bite.