Fourty two| Amullets and Omens.

Unedited.
•••••••

The two of you made it back at the right time it seemed, just as you closed the window and Izana change out of the guard garb that Lord Haruka marched into the office.

"Your highness—" he paused, looking between the three of you.

You, next to the window, smiling as unsuspectingly as possible. Izana infront of the door leading to the changing room and Konami (a bucket of nerves and sweat) seated in the lounge area with a tight smile.

"Is everything okay?" Haruka asked.

"Yeah."

"Wonderful."

"Never better."

He paused, a bit suspicious now. But with the clock ticking there was no time to dwell. "Alright well, the crowd awaits, your majesty."

Izana nodded, clearing his throat and adjusting the crown on his head. He had dressed up special just for this moment. Adorned with more gems and jewels and royal silks even with a cape over his shoulder instead of his usual large jacket.

"Yes, shall we?" He asked turning to you, you nodded, trailing after him in the formation Haruka had came up with. You, a step behind him to his right, Konami to his left and the rest of the guards trailing behind.

Zen was already waiting for Izana by the time you arrived at the archway that overlooked the citizens gathered below to catch a glimpse of their monarchs. He was also dressed up, looking much fancier than you'd peg him for despite his princely title.

Izana went to stand infront while you joined Kiki and Mitsuhide a few more steps behind. Watching the two wave to the adoring crowd before.

"Prince Izana!"

"Prince Zen you've matured."

"Long Live Prince Izana."

"Izana you're so handsome!"

You stifled a smile, this won't bode well for Izana's gigantic ego at all.

"It's so odd to see them like this isn't it?" Mitsuhide suddenly said. "It makes me realize that at some point I kind of forgot that they're freaking Princes."

You chuckled, maybe for Zen, but despite how much time you spend with Izana, he still finds a way to be a royal pain in the ass.

Kiki and Mitsuhide hummed between each other, reminiscing about the olden days with Zen. While the two princes in question were silently bickering between each other— if what you heard from the grapevine was true, then Zen has decided that no matter what was to come, he was planning on staying with Shirayuki, whether their relationship remain a mystery to the rest of the world or not.

It was just lovely.

Well, at least you thought so. Izana on the other hand... he really had no room to speak, in your opinion. And by the defeated expression across his face, you knew he realized it too.

Over his shoulder, his eyes met yours for a brief second. Contemplative, you simply smiled, head cocked to the side in adoration.

He turned back, returning his attention to the adoring citizens.

••••••

Exactly like Haruka had said, the entire ordeal took about thirty minutes of smiling and waving. Then, Zen, Shirayuki and their royal guards went off to enjoy the festivities and Izana returned back to his office.