Fifteen| Establish Domaince.

••••••

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

••••••

You had only been in the castle for a span of two full days and Lord Haruka was already nagging Izana about your appearance. On the evening of your third day, Izana happened to be in a rather irritable mood. The recent ventures of his younger brother and a fort in the northern side of the kingdom had finally reached his desk in a thick stack of paperwork.

Fort Laxo had been unresponsive for the last few months, so Zen, like the vigilant man he is decided to take a trip there. According to the report, the guards had fallen ill due to the bandits who had sold them questionable wood. Izana didn't need to outline how ridiculous that was, it was too easy. The fort that he had clearly put under his younger brother's jurisdiction had somehow fell susceptible to petty trickery and he was suppose to be concerned about what pole Lord Haruka had up his ass?

Usually the councilman was better at reading Izana than most. So on the most part he wasn't so irritating, today however all caution had been thrown to the wind.

He came marching into Izana's office with a red face, and a scowl permanently implanted on his face. "Your highness what is the meaning of this?!" He folded his arms, and Izana slowly looked from his paper work to him.

"What?" He asked, if that wasn't enough to outline his terrible mood, Izana didn't know what would be.

"You mean to tell me the guard you have chosen to appoint as your royal guard is a petty commoner who has never even undergone basic sword training?" Haruka's brows had been pinched together his foot tapping against the carpeted floor. "She has to be taught by other guards of a lower rank how to properly hold a sword? That's the guard you chose to protect you? Prince Izana you are aware that you are the future king? Your life is important! We can't have someone isn't able to protect you in power simply because she's a woman!" Izana's eyebrow twitched.

Before he took in a sharp inhale, massaging the temples of his head. "Haruka" that seemed to have done the trick, Haruka suddenly clamped his mouth shut. Apparently Izana's recent complacent behavior made the councilman forget his place and the fact that as the first prince of Clarines he outranks him. "Are you insinuating that I chose her simply because of the factor that she is a beautiful young woman?" Izana wasn't an idiot, he expected this response from some of the small minded men in his court. Haruka included.

And under better circumstances he would handle it with the prestige and grace he prides himself on. Those circumstances weren't met today. Izana was out for blood. "Do you see me as such a small-minded man that I would put the safety of myself and my country in jeopardy just for a pretty face?" He couldn't help but compliment you at times, and with your absence he felt more comfortable speaking of you in such a manner.