Fourty Seven| Bondfire Ballads.

Now Roughly Edited

Now Roughly Edited.
•••••••

You arrived at the crust of dusk.

The fort was a buzz with anticipation, and were immediately met with a crowd of knights incharge of protecting the border.

"Welcome, your highness," one said while a whole crowd of them bowed respectfully. Izana nodded, dismissing them, as Zen got out of the carriage and flashed a triumphant smile to a few of the nights. You took a wild guess that he had some friends here.

Everyone went to get settled inside the large base, the princes rooms were already prepared so a few guards unloaded their things before starting to unpack and get ready for the evening feast.

"Zinnia," Izana called as you started to help Hiro unload things, you turned to him. He raised two fingers, curling them inward, "with me." Before making his way inside the fort.

You pursing your lips at Hiro who's energy was vastly depleted from this morning. "Sorry," you said and he let out a defeated sigh before nodding for you to go.

You rushed behind Izana, as he lead you through the large fort— it had to be three stories high, made of silver brick and sturdy brown wood. Your boot clicked against the hallow wood— and you knew there had to be a bunker beneath the building.

Izana lead you to a room on the first floor, far from the commotion, though it was guarded. One on each side.

The door was opened for him, and when you peaked inside there was a man hunched over a desk with heavy stacks of paper on either side. A dying candle beside his desk and a quilt and ink. He had shaggy brown hair, a well-trimmed beard with a scar from his eyebrow to the side of his mouth. From what you could see he had a firm build, wearing only a white button down with the rest of his body hidden behind the dark wood of the desk he was hunched over.

He looked up and smiled, "your highness." He stood to bow, much taller and larger than you anticipated. With a pair of black trousers and a sword hanging from his hip. "I hope your trip was well."

"At ease, Captain," Izana said, as the door closed behind him. He took one of the seats and you took the one beside him. The captain's eyes followed your movements, before Izana took the courtesy to introduce you two. "Military Captain Greene, one of my most best and well-decorated military heads." One hand to him, the other to you, "my royal guard, Kimizu Zinnia."

Captain Greene smiled, nodding to you, "good to meet you."

"You too," you returned his kind gesture.