Fourty one| Festival Wooes.

••••••

••••••

Prince Izana thought himself a stubborn fool lately, he had been sure of one thing in his entire life. And it was that one day he would be king, and he was ready to dedicate his life to his people, to serve them and their country as well as a possibly could. For that he never found much interest in love, there were a few weaknesses their country had, so he always assumed he would marry out of political necessity, to make sure that Clarines would be covered in their weakspot.

His mother had told him as much when he was younger, she was never one to sugarcoat marriage. As a royal, and the first successor to the throne your life is not your own. Your life is to your people, marriage has always been a means of strengthening alliances between countries. Of alliances between nobility.

He had known this all his life.

Yet now here he was, standing at a crossroad.

He had loved someone.

Loved them deeply, even when trying to separate he could not. But she was not one who Clarines could gain political benefits from, she's not one who nobles could gain alliance with. She was not one who would be recognized as someone of importance by ones of royal decree and royal blood. He knew this, he knew that she could not be queen, not because she is unworthy, in his eyes she is next only to a God. Holy in everything she does, everything she is. But his people would never accept her as Queen. His council would berate and torment him and her if they knew if their relationship, some would go even as far as to forcefully pull them apart.

But he loved her. Irrecoverably, to the point of madness.

But their fates were sealed, never to be together.

And he was growing desperate.

In his life, Izana can now say he has never known love. Sure he had respect, sure he had power, but he did not know love. Did not know how sweet it was, how it felt all encompassing, like a spirit it possessed him. Filtered his gaze with rose colored lenses, the world was brighter because of it. Only growing brighter in her presence, everything was different, how she walked was committed to memory, how she spoke, smiled, laughed, moved, cried, everything about her was engraved on his skin.

He only believed in soulmates because he had met her.

She was his perfect match, lovely, dangerous, able to strip him of any authority with a simple expression. He was many things to most, a king, a ruler, a monarch, a royal, but to her he was nothing but a man.