Sixteen| Hard Contact

••••••

••••••

It had always been you and your brother, even before the white dragons. You never knew what happened to your family, and he never spoke of it. All he told you was that life was about surviving.

There had never been a time when you'd slept in a castle, had tea with a prince, or laughed with soldiers about your corny jokes. When he taught you how to fight, he taught you how to kill.

He said that people like making borders to keep them safe. Mental borders like assuming you're weak because you're a kid, or because you're a woman. Assuming you're less because you're different, less intelligent, less dependent, less everything. It made them feel in charge, when the only one incharge is the one who had the knife and knew how to use it.

That's how you viewed the world.

Through his eyes, a boy who'd gone through so much at a young age. He was ten and you were seven, and he was taking care of you, with eyes that had seen more than war. He'd seen heaven from the comfort of hell and he was dertmined to prepare you for the world.

Certain things reminded you of your brother, the tattoos on your body that were identical to his. The skin you were born that was a shade lighter than his, and the eyes you stared into at the mirror. But most of all, was the gleam of a blade, any blade, a knife, a sword they could both kill.

Konami lunged at you, given direct orders from Haruka not to hold back. Your body was agile and smooth, even with the foreign weapon in your hand, it easily became an extension of your body. An edge to your already dangerous mind. The things you could do with a simple blade...

You leaned back as he swiped his sword. Konami couldn't kill anyone, not even when pushed to the brink, he couldn't take a life. And you understood, the feeling felt as if you took your own humanity. It made you feel as if you were something less the human, some people can't handle that. You weren't one of those people.

You didn't bother speaking, just brought Izana's sword and blocked his next attack. He tried to push against you, but he was far too focused on the swords, not on your body that moved. You swiped your leg over his shoulder, and pushed him back. His muscles cushioned the blow, but it wasn't as if you didn't know that. You wasted no time coming for him, narrowly shifting to the handle when you shoved it against his ribs. He let out a sound that told you his body had felt that one.

Your other leg swung as you kicked his neck, sending him tumbling back. Then you advanced with the sword, placed just where he told you to whenever going for the neck. Konami's eyes snapped wide, before he caught his balance and blocked your attack.